RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:59:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Does anyone still play Grand Theft Auto IV? (Xbox 360) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does anyone still play Grand Theft Auto IV? (Xbox 360)  (Read 993 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« on: October 24, 2012, 02:28:21 PM »

Hey all. For whatever reason, I'm looking to play Grand Theft Auto IV with some friends. Problem is, none of my Xbox Live friends have it. Does anyone on here have it and feel like going into Party Mode to blast up the city?  My Gamertag is:

RockLegend28

P.S.
I also have it on PC, but I can't get it to run very well. If you have any advice on making it run better, please tell me. Thank you!

P.P.S.
I know this probably isn't the part of the forum this request should be posted in, but I thought it would get more notice here than in The Arena.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:02:05 PM »

Only copy I ever got to run on my PC was a pirated one. Game was fickle as shit.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »

Only copy I ever got to run on my PC was a pirated one. Game was fickle as shit.

I believe you needed one heck of a CPU at the time to make the game playable, and even then it would put nearly max load on the CPU. It might be better if played on a modern PC today. Very poorly ported game.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »

Yeah it wasn't my rig it was the port. I think it must have been driver related. That same PC still runs new games on high somehow, I can't figure the thing out. Guess it just goes to show how slow graphics development has gotten. It's an aging Intel QQ6600 2.6ghz quad core (i think it's called that) with an Nvidia 8600GTS and it is still baller as shit for god knows why. Ran Max Payne 3 better than Max Payne 2...Some games are just terribly optimized.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:51:29 PM »

my pc that can run crysis 1 and 2 on max, battlefield 3 on near max, but can't run some maps of star wars battlefront II without lagging
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:36:16 AM by techwizard » Logged
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »

GTA IV was very processor heavy, as well as video card dependent.  I was messing around with it a while back, using some of the enb mods like iCEnhancer, car mods,  and HD texture mods.  It was pretty taxing on my PC  even before the mods.  While it made the game very photorealistic, it also made my rig scream like a banshee.  That was running an overclocked Intel i5 750 at 3.2ghz, 8GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 5850 1GB.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length