RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:51:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Disney Infinity! Zag bust out the retirement funds! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Disney Infinity! Zag bust out the retirement funds!  (Read 1155 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: January 17, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »

http://www.trueachievemen...y-takes-on-skylanders.htm

I don't know if any of the rest of you have heard about this but Disney is taking there shot at the Skylanders phenom.

Their portal will support 2 characters at once and various upgrades/extras in a 3rd slot.

With the massive Disney/Pixar cast to create characters from you can bet there will be a buttload of these things.

If it does well and they do a spin off(or if they can figure out how to integrate them) you could end up seeing Marvel and Starwars characters too!

Maybe they will partner up and make Final Fantasy chibi characters.

So what do you think?
Is Disney going to kill Skylanders?
Is Disney too late to the game and won't be able to compete(scoff)?
Is Disney and the "me too!" cash grab going to over saturate and burn out parents and kids and both die fiery deaths?

I'm willing to bet Disney crushes Skylanders.
Even in the comments to full full news article i linked people were saying they were on the fence about skylanders BUT OMG NEEDED THIS for whatever there favorite Disney character was.

Skylanders players said they would be getting all these figures and finishing off the last of their Giants collection.

I am one of the few people though who want to know what all these damn things are going to cost.
Skylanders are what 8$+ per figure. Is Disney going to bang you 10-13$ for each of theirs? 25$s for a 3pack?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »

I still don't know what Skylanders are...

When shall his new form be revealed?
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:15:53 PM »

Just saw a commercial for this yesterday.  More stuff to throw money at!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:32:40 PM »

I figured that someone would take the Skylanders route with a popular property sooner or later. And Disney is about as popular as a property can get. They also have the Star Wars property to take advantage of as well.

However, Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts notwithstanding, I've never really been that big on Disney stuff, so I doubt I'll get involved in this.

Then again, you never know...
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 12:42:47 AM »

i had fun with pokemon when i was a kid, but i can't see myself getting into the newer equivalents...collecting games is enough for me.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 12:25:55 PM »

I didn't really jump into the Skylanders thing but I might actually give this a shot when it drops. The whole spend extra money on plastic characters thing kinda turns me away, though- if it's anything like Skylanders, you could end up paying another $100 to get the most enjoyment out of your $60 game.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:29:50 PM »

Stupid
Shadow Wraith
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »

Yeah, I am definitely intrigued. I find Skylanders to be something that really strikes a chord with the collector in me. I am on the bandwagon.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length