RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:16:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | How to label cable 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to label cable  (Read 972 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« on: April 20, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »

Over the years I've gotten a good sized collection of cords and cables for game systems. In some cases I have extra cords which just sit in a box, in others, the cords are stored with their console, which is stored with other consoles and their connectors. There is also large, neat, messes of cords behind my TV's.

Where do all these cables go?

It's time for me to get a labeling system. I've tried masking tape a time or two but with all the time I spend getting sticky off my game stuff when I buy it, putting new sticky tape back on is not so fun.

The other day I realized we keep a box of tags meant to be put on key chains. Today I tried using them on the cords which go to my Master System. Since none of the cords had bigger ends than the diameter of the ring on the tag, pliers were required to pinch the ring to a small enough size to keep the tag from possibly sliding off. Other than that, they work great. I think I'm going to do this to all my cords.

What do you think? Anyone else have other ways to keep track of cords?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »

Looks great man.

I've always wanted to get a bunch of these too, I could order them through my job but I'm not that motivated.
http://www.grainger.com/G...NTS-CORP-Cable-Tie-14X866

As far as something you could buy anywhere the keytag thing is a great idea.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »

I use those too. They get a bit obtrusive though so a friend suggested using the tabs from bread bags. Just write on the tab with permanent ink and you're ready to go.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »

I use a small square of cardboard (I use the divider piece between the rows of beer cans in a case). I punch a hole in one end, write what I want on it, and attach it with a bread twist tie.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »

I think Im gonna go with the first option lol

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length