RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:17:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Trouble finding name of this PS1 Controller 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trouble finding name of this PS1 Controller  (Read 2132 times)
Gozmit
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: June 13, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »

I've searched the database here and other sites, searched ebay and google and google images even but i cant find anything on this ps1 controller i have.

It has 0 indications on it as who it is made by too, no stickers either.

Does anyone know?

http://oi44.tinypic.com/b6xdgk.jpg
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

...I have 2 of those, and voiced my same exact concerns last week to my wife. THERE'S LITERALLY NO IDENTIFYING MARKS ON THE DAMN THINGS.

Gozmit
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »

LOL

it's driving me mad!!

My uncle had it and he has no idea where he got it from, nor when he got it from.
It had to have come from some company lol

EDIT: i had 1-2 buttons that were not in place so i decided to open the controller up to realign them better, and also hope i would see some sort of indication of anything but nope >.>  Huh
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:26:39 PM by Gozmit » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »

LOL

it's driving me mad!!

My uncle had it and he has no idea where he got it from, nor when he got it from.

EDIT: i had 1-2 buttons that were not in place so i decided to open the controller up to realign them better, and also hope i would see some sort of indication of anything but nope >.>  Huh

Damn - that was going to be my last ditch effort on it too. I found one being sold on ebay with a title akin to "Gray Controller Blue Buttons Turbo Set"

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm...mp;_trksid=p2047675.l2557
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:47:35 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Gozmit
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 08:50:39 PM »

LOL

it's driving me mad!!

Damn - that was going to be my last ditch effort on it too. I found one being sold on ebay with a title akin to "Gray Controller Blue Buttons Turbo Set"

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm...mp;_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Yeah i searched and found that ebay listing too but no other information from it lol

I did just mail that seller to see if he has any info he can share. So far besides you, he is the only person i see that even has one.

He is from the UK, could this be a UK only released controller?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:18:04 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me any - the two controllers I have came from a former collector at a well-frequented thrift shop, and he had random controllers from all regions. I have some Super Famicom controllers from him that he had no idea where they came from.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 10:10:16 PM »

You think that's bad, I have a knock-off cheapo PS2 controller I got out of some junk that doesn't have any markings but one of those little gold "made in china" stickers. It doesn't even say so much as Playstation or Dualshock on it.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 01:18:36 PM »

Wish I could help with ID'ing that controller, but I've never seen one before this thread.  Sorry.  Undecided  Plus, I've been having the same problem with this NES joystick I picked up in a lot from eBay a while back:

[img width=450 height=800]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/9060493684_63ffcfc07f_c.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=800]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2825/9060493444_96a33758f4_c.jpg[/img]

That "Q C Passed" sticker is the only sort of identifying mark on the whole thing.  There is absolutely nothing else that, so far, has helped me find what joystick this thing is.  I have spent quite a bit of time on Google, with absolutely no results whatsoever.  I've been wondering why was it so hard to put a small logo, or at least a country of origin and date, on the thing somewhere?

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Gozmit
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »

Could it be a variation of the Beeshu Zinger?
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »

Definitely not a Beeshu. I've never seen one like it, so I am curious as well.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 09:33:27 AM »

Speedy_NES would be the guy to ask on the NES stick.

He doesn't swing by often but i think he has a spidey sense or something. Last time i mentioned him (last year? 2 years ago?) he showed up with answers.

I believe last we talked he was still semi active as a NES accessory collector.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 09:35:01 AM »

I don't have that one in particular, but I know what it's modeled after. Let me go pull up the link of the Quickshot controller...

EDIT: Damn it, lost that hardware entry during the outage. I've got the stick I'm looking for at home, but here's the closest we have in the database:

EDIT EDIT: That may be a Famicom accessory, judging by the way it looks, but it has the QC sticker which indicates USA.  Undecided

[img width=550 height=781]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/hardware/U-027/hw/U-027-H-00200-A_01.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:44:11 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 01:16:53 AM »

I don't have that one in particular, but I know what it's modeled after. Let me go pull up the link of the Quickshot controller...

EDIT: Damn it, lost that hardware entry during the outage. I've got the stick I'm looking for at home, but here's the closest we have in the database:

EDIT EDIT: That may be a Famicom accessory, judging by the way it looks, but it has the QC sticker which indicates USA.  Undecided

[img width=550 height=781]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/hardware/U-027/hw/U-027-H-00200-A_01.jpg[/img]

Well, it has the NES plug, not a Famicom, so I'd assume it's most likely either USA or Europe, but again, that's it for any info I've got on the thing.  Even opening it up yielded absolutely nothing as well, so I am at a complete loss.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »

Color scheme screams Suncom - perhaps take a look through their controllers?

EDIT: It's not a Quickshot (familiar with almost all of those) and it's not a Beeshu. I don't think Suncom made NES controllers either.

[img width=700 height=970]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4C1ZwEub0Po/TPGqcSBaH6I/AAAAAAAACnM/lqwzY5c4lWU/s1600/beeshu_joysticks_ad.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:39:04 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length