RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:57:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | It's almost October again.....time to talk Horror films 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: It's almost October again.....time to talk Horror films  (Read 54723 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »

Anyone seen Yellow Brick Road?  Kind of gross, but still a bit scary.  Actually, I was quite surprised that it was actually watchable.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »

I watched You're Next yesterday. It wasn't bad, but I was expecting more after Patrick Klepek compared it to Cabin in the Woods. It's not nearly that "cerebral."

I heard that this was a good movie, because it was kind of cheesy and self-aware. Another similar home-invasion movie, "The Purge" came out around the same time and I've been really wanting to see that. My wife is not big into super scary, realistic horror films, so I haven't been able to watch it yet. She even held her hands over her face during cheesy-a#@ Slaughter High last Thursday.....  One of my favorite home invasion movies has to be The Strangers and I've always heard that the original "Funny Games" is super creepy and tough to even watch. 

I hated The Strangers at first. Then I realized I was really unhappy at how unsettling it was for me, though it did require a ton of suspension of disbelief.

Funny Games is indeed pretty rough, and it's one of those "I'm trying to make a statement about violence" movies and that can get a little distracting.

Anyone seen Yellow Brick Road?  Kind of gross, but still a bit scary.  Actually, I was quite surprised that it was actually watchable.

I loved that movie, though I could not tell you what it was about. I might have to watch that again actually. That's a wtf movie if ever there was one.

Nathan Dunsmore
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 01:19:43 AM »

Watched quiet a few this year:

Ghost Ship
Van Helsing - Saw this at the theater 10 years ago (has it already been that long?!) and its been on cable a lot this year.
Trollhunter - I was in the mood for a found footage movie and found this on Roku. The title didn't inspire much enthusiasm and I was initially put off by the sub-titles. However, I'm glad I gave it a chance because it turned out to be one of the better found footage movies I've seen.
The Batman vs Dracula - Again, the premise seemed silly, but Dracula was better than most of the villains in the series.
Carrie (2013 Remake)
VHS Viral - Been looking forward to this as I was a fan of the first two. Parallel Monsters was my favorite of this anthology.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2014, 09:59:29 AM »

I'm so excited to watch Trick R Treat tomorrow. Also I happened across my DVD of The Loved Ones, which I thought I had given away. It is absolutely infuriating that there isn't a region 1 blu-ray of this movie.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »

My weekly movie night has consisted of my wife, a friend and his wife, and myself every Thursday. It has been a blast! 

Slaughter High - wasn't that great, but a campy and fun little flick.
The Lost Boys - holds up. Great film.
The Fly (1986) - first time I had seen it and it wasn't bad, more of a gross out film and though I am a big Cronenberg fan, I prefer the original with Vincent Price more.
Fright Night (1985) - great film with awesome pre-CG special effects, can't recommend enough
The Mummy (1932) - excited about seeing this one tomorrow night---Karloff!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2014, 03:20:36 AM »

Haven't watched as much as I should. All I think I have seen for horror this month, is: Cabin in the Woods and The Thing(80's).

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2018, 10:27:50 AM »

My annual horror film lineup to consist of:

Tuesday, October 2nd - Terror Train (1980)
 Tuesday, October 9th - Dawn of the Dead (1978)
 Tuesday, October 16th - Cabin in the Woods (2012)
 Tuesday, October 23rd - Lake Mungo (2008)
 Tuesday, October 30th - Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2018, 08:49:54 AM »

How did you like Terror Train? I watched it probably about 15 years ago and really don't remember it. I may need to revisit it.

I've seen Dawn of the Dead, and it is a classic of course. I haven't seen the others.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2018, 12:57:21 PM »

Watched the first two Friday the 13th movies last night, because my Girlfriend had never watched them before.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length