RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:54:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The World-Famous Tigers Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The World-Famous Tigers Thread  (Read 4582 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 03:02:22 PM »

They are also responsible for some of the greatest gamblers...  errr... ballplayers of all time.  

And who can forget Marge Schott?  I know I wish I could.

Thank you for making my point.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 03:07:54 PM »

^You said the Red's glory days were over a long time ago.  But they did just fine in 90.  
There have been good times other than the Big Red Machine of the 70's.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 03:08:25 PM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 03:52:30 PM »

Half of my post was sarcastic.  The gamblers thing was really just one.  And, he was still far better of a baseball player than anyone who has played in a long time.  Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Ken Griffey, Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Dave Conception, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Sparky Anderson, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Jose Rijo, and a lot more before that.....  I'd say the Reds have had just a little bit of influence on baseball.

A bit more than a certain Arizona team that has been around less than ten years anyway.

I'll still give you Marge Schott, though.  She was pretty darn bad.  And the new mascot is the worst thing ever.  Thankfully, nobody actually likes him.  The people who shelled out money for it are still trying to keep him around for some stupid reason though.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 03:54:00 PM by admin » Logged

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 05:31:27 PM »

Where the hell did that thing come from?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 06:38:05 PM »

That's been our mascot for several years.  I'm almost positive that when the thing was first revealed as a prototype, it was bright green, quickly prompting me to scream, yell, and go crazy for the stupidity of it all.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2005, 05:35:12 AM »

we have Paws. since he's a tiger and the team is called the Tigers he at least makes sense.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 07:57:12 AM »

^You said the Red's glory days were over a long time ago.  But they did just fine in 90.  
There have been good times other than the Big Red Machine of the 70's.

90's was way long ago!

And Nep AZ might only be 8 years old but he do have a World Series already.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2005, 08:44:50 AM »

That's been our mascot for several years.  I'm almost positive that when the thing was first revealed as a prototype, it was bright green, quickly prompting me to scream, yell, and go crazy for the stupidity of it all.

Gapper is a nasty, nasty, thing. Why have a stupid monster when we have Mr. Red? The incarnation of Gapper is almost as stupid as UC's athletic logo.  

Hello World.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2005, 08:46:48 AM »

Zinger!  |D

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that in the second inning of opening day, somebody snuck in and then blew up a 4-5 foot inflatible penis that said drew blows on it and knocked it around the area we were sitting like a beach ball.  It was pretty funny.  laugh
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2005, 03:36:47 AM »

the Drew it refferred to (for the non-Detroiters) was a morning radio show guy from the Drew & Mike show on WRIF Detroit.

they called the guy on the show yesterday too.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2005, 07:36:17 AM »

There's nothing better then having your name on a 5-foot inflatible penis...Crap did I say that out loud  

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length