RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:10:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 28 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 28  (Read 19324 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »

I got a C64 for Christmas later as well, but I saved that story. I loved it, but unfortunately it didn't live very long. It's funny how much BASIC programming stuck with me through the years. I recently finished up a programming course that was really easy for me because of what I learned way back then.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 11:35:23 AM »

I got a C64 for Christmas later as well, but I saved that story. I loved it, but unfortunately it didn't live very long. It's funny how much BASIC programming stuck with me through the years. I recently finished up a programming course that was really easy for me because of what I learned way back then.

I'm trying to free up a spot for my C64 so I can get back to trying my hand at programming, even if it's a very primitive form of it. Fortunately, the lot came with a bunch of how-to guides, so I'm good to go in that department. I only wish I could find a few back issues of Bay Area Computer Currents...
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »

You might want to check out archived copies of the big computer mags at the time like RUN: https://archive.org/details/run-magazine for some BASIC programs to enter. I found that by inputting other people's programs it would teach me about the techniques used.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 06:48:02 PM »

Aw man, I missed the Amiibo talk?!?

I remember switching the way I stored games in dust sleeves when I found out they originally (as Duke stated) came opposite of how I was currently storing them. I eventually found out that I could just get rid of dust sleeves all together and squeeze another couple games on the shelf though Wink

I'm thankful that my grandmother held onto the CIB Sega Genesis that we used to play when visiting her. She bought it when the PS was out so none of my other cousins would play it when we visited, and I was the only one who would dust it off and hook it up when at her place. My other similar aged relatives wouldn't really touch it because it wasn't "cool" anymore. They are at the point in their lives that they are starting to piece out a lot of their possessions now so that when they pass it there wont be a huge burden on the family members. She put a piece of tape on the side with my name on it and made sure it went to me. Its not something I ever plan to part with.

Mega Man 3 always cheers me up on a rough day Smiley

Isn't your Castlevania accapella duet called Vampire Killer? Stage one on Ninja Gaiden is my go to NES track that gets me all pumped up.

That's so awesome that we got enough donations to host the show!! And yes OTC are fantastic!!

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather Chris, awesome memory you shared about him and the Intellivision.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 07:10:08 PM »

We missed you on the show, buddy. Let's make sure to get you in the next one.

That is a great story about your Grandma. It's funny how those little things make such a big impact on us as children.

Isn't your Castlevania accapella duet called Vampire Killer? Stage one on Ninja Gaiden is my go to NES track that gets me all pumped up.

Nope. Wicked Child:

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »

Dudes...... I have 1 Amiibo.....seriously. I bought a Samus just to put on my shelf or decoration and am looking for a Little Mac, Pit, and probably Mega Man, when it comes out. For me, it's just decoration and I take them out of the blister packs. I like having figurines on my shelves of some of my favorite NES games and figures of Little Mac and Pit from any other source is pretty rare.  I agree that people who don't have WiiU's are buying these things just for collecting purposes, but I'm a pretty poor example of these types of collectors. Ha!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »

Who needs acapella? HINT: It's both Wicked Child AND Vampire Killer.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:04:55 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 12:38:59 PM »

Every time I get blue at work I like to pop in my earbuds and listen to Videogame Quality, which features NES music 24-7.  When I get blue at home I used to love playing on my MAME cabinet, but these days I've been playing either Popeye or Frogger on my C64.  I need to get Zaxxon for it too (just not having fun with the Coleco port).

Does anyone know if you get the extra sound channel when playing Akumajou Dracula on a Retron 5?  Just curious.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »

Does anyone know if you get the extra sound channel when playing Akumajou Dracula on a Retron 5?  Just curious.

I thought that game was on Playstation?

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »

Akumajou Dracula is an FDS game, so you can't play it on the Retron 5. You will get extra sound channels on carts that have it, like Akumajou Densetsu. Also, Akumajou Dracula doesn't use the FM synth from the FDS, so it's the same as Castlevania, just with a save feature.

gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »

Im listening to this podcast for the first time. I agree, I dont care about Amiibo whatsoever. I saw them at Target the other day and was like "meh"

sounds like a cool show. ill keep listening

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 08:42:22 PM »

You don't care about Amiibo? Wow. Looks like you have something in common with Nintendo of America

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 08:59:42 PM »

You don't care about Amiibo? Wow. Looks like you have something in common with Nintendo of America

LOL

Well I just finished this podcast episode. It was surprising to me how much in common I had with the one guy with the deeper voice. I too was raised Irish Catholic and have a ton of aunts, uncles, cousins. and I'm sure most of us had that experience of being very small and seeing the 12 year olds playing NES and viewing them as gods. I know I did. I'm too young to remember seeing brand new NES games in the store though. I was born in 89.

very entertaining stuff. I'll be listening to the next episode.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »

LOL

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length