RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:29:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855048 times)
spf180
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #1290 on: October 01, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS, 2009) - Currently 17 hours in the game on day 149/mission 42.

RPG Extremist and Caffeinated Fiend of RF Generation
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1291 on: October 02, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii U) - While I was unable to acquire this in time for the community playthrough, I'm starting it now.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1292 on: October 03, 2016, 12:29:07 AM »

I haven't checked in for a while.  As some of you may know, I like to dedicate the months of September and October to playing horror themed games, so that's what I've been doing for the past month.  Here's what I've been playing:

Resident Evil: Revelations - First time playing this.  It's supposed to be a return to the survival horror roots for the series, and I feel like that's only half true.  While certain parts of exploring the ship certainly do feel reminiscent of the earlier games, there are still a lot of heavy action sections that feel like they're straight out of the later RE games.  I thought this was one was pretty good, but not quite as good as I had been led to believe.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Played this co-op with a friend.  One of the best co-op experiences I've had in a long time.  What makes it unique is that player 1 controls a pretty standard character that can use all the weapons and items available in the game, while player 2 controls a character that is more limited in their offensive capabilities but still has unique characteristics that make them valuable to the team.  It's a lot of fun.  It's local co-op only, and I can't speak to the quality of the single-player experience, but if you can get somebody to co-op it with you, I highly recommend it.

Resident Evil 0 - Noticing a trend here?  I haven't played RE0 in several years, so I went in to this one relatively blind.  I picked up the PS4 Origins HD bundle a while back and thought it would be a good time to revisit this one.  I always considered 0 to be my least favorite in the series, but replaying it this time, I really enjoyed it.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I played it on hard difficulty the last time I played, and I remember it being brutally difficult.  I kept it to the standard difficulty this time and made it through relatively easily, however I still maintain that this is the hardest game in the series.

Resident Evil - I wanted to replay the original PSX version since I hadn't played it since I was in middle school I think.  I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, and it's interesting to compare it with the remake since I know that game like the back of my hand.  There are so many differences that they really are two totally different experiences.

Resident Evil 2 - Always a classic, but I was surprised that I came away enjoying the PSX original RE more than this one.  I always thought I liked 2 better....

The Evil Within - I played this 2 years ago when it first came out, but since I recently got this game on Steam, I thought it was a good time to revisit it.  It has some rough edges and a few frustrating gameplay segments, but overall I really enjoyed it.

SOMA - I received this from last month's Humble Monthly Bundle, so I had to play it.  It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but that's probably a good thing.  It's more of a first-person adventure style game such as Firewatch but with a sci-fi/horror theme.  Very interesting and profound story that deals with some heavy topics.  Highly recommended.  Surprisingly, I haven't played Amnesia yet, but now I'm more interested in checking it out.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1293 on: October 03, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »

@Shaggy: I don't see what you're talking about ... I never end up with two of the same sports title...  Wink

I've been playing a lot of XOne games this week. I've been trying to finish up Deus Ex before I start Forza Horizon 3.

[img width=600 height=800]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/wgames1_zpsqkc7qwox.jpg[/img]

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1294 on: October 03, 2016, 06:44:18 PM »

Realized I hadn't played a game in a while despite buying and selling like a madman.  So, I decided to change that with some 2D, single plane beat 'em ups.

Ghost Sweeper Mikami (SFC): At first blush, this is more like a Valis game than a traditioanl beat 'em up.  Pretty fun, if mellow and easy.  Great art design and graphics, too.  Reminds me of the 16-bit Sailor Moon beat 'em ups.

Ninja Warriors (SNES): One of the rare single plane beat 'em ups that feels like a true beat 'em up.  You can feel invincible one minute and then be furiously battling your way out of a horde of enemies the next.  It's a shame it's so expensive.  The art and gameplay are just excellent.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1295 on: October 04, 2016, 07:46:51 AM »

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - Finally returning to this after taking a break.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1296 on: October 04, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »

Been a while since I posted in here. Finally getting around to starting Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on my 3DS. Should be a nice time killer on my flight next week.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1297 on: October 04, 2016, 08:35:01 PM »

@Shaggy: I don't see what you're talking about ... I never end up with two of the same sports title...  Wink

I've been playing a lot of XOne games this week. I've been trying to finish up Deus Ex before I start Forza Horizon 3.

[img width=600 height=800]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/wgames1_zpsqkc7qwox.jpg[/img]

Now there are two NHL '17.  WTH?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1298 on: October 05, 2016, 07:08:51 AM »

@Shaggy: There are two libraries near me and I put holds on both. This can lead to me having two copies of a game (one from each library).

Dues Ex: Mankind Divided (X1) : Finished. I liked the game but it is very closely tied to the original. The gameplay is almost identical and the story isn't as memorable as the first game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1299 on: October 05, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »

Spider Jack - Been chipping away at this the past few times while waiting for wife to finish work.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1300 on: October 06, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »

New Super Mario Bros. U - Having a blast playing coop with the kids & wife.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1301 on: October 07, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - Found out that I can start a new Disney account and work on Feats I've cleared before and Xbox still counts it as new.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1302 on: October 08, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »

New Super Mario Bros. U - That fight with Bowser was harder then it needed to be, in regards to having to trip over two other people in coop.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1303 on: October 09, 2016, 07:22:51 AM »

SiNG Party (Wii U) - Taking the Wii U to the in-laws for Thanksgiving later today, so it will be casual games like this and Wii Sports Resort that get played. If most of the cousins show up, then it will probably end up being a massive Super Smash Bros. blowout Smiley

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1304 on: October 12, 2016, 08:44:49 AM »

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/new_zps9aa8mhkw.jpg[/img]

Started playing some new XOne games. Mafia 3 has style and you can drop knocked out enemies in the water and let the gators deal with them. The gameplay itself is typical open world fair but so far the story is engaging enough to carry it.

I'm going play some KI this weekend unless Gears 4 arrives first.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length