RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849639 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1620 on: March 20, 2018, 03:40:39 PM »

Got the Platinum Trophy for Bloodborne. I am one trophy away from getting Platinum on Dark Souls. After that I am moving on to Dar Souls 2. Will go for Platinum on Demon Souls after I am done with DS2.  Feels good to knock these off my Platinum Trophy list

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1621 on: March 21, 2018, 12:09:43 PM »

Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator (Switch) - This was a blast last night with house guests, Uno was also in rotation as well.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1622 on: March 21, 2018, 02:35:42 PM »

Completed Axiom Verge again last night, but for some reason, I didn't crack the 66% item completion, which I think was the same figure as my first play through.  Although, I did get a 93% map completion, which I felt fairly good about.  I tried to uncover every area.  Not sure if I want to start a long-form game yet, so I might boot up something like Tiny Barbarian, or play something retro for a bit.  It also depends on whether or not I jump into the April play-through game.  I need to track down a copy for less than a mint...

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1623 on: March 21, 2018, 03:13:38 PM »

I've been stuck on a bug in Just Cause 3, but may have just figured it out.  Hopefully will test it tonight (if support request emails stop coming, that is).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1624 on: March 22, 2018, 08:17:38 AM »

I decided instead of starting another long game, I'd boot up something presumably shorter.  So I started Tiny Barbarian DX last night.  Starts out fairly easy, but ramps up a bit quick.  The platforming mechanics in the game take a bit of getting used to, because moving platforms don't stop, even for a half-second, to allow you to jump on them, so you have to more accurately time your jumps.  Also, they move at a good clip, so you have to be on your toes.  There's a bit of Castlevania influence in there as well; the purple birds fly in much the same wave pattern as Medusa heads - and it sucks!  Thankfully, it appears that the game has unlimited lives, and you just respawn at the last checkpoint.  Fun, but challenging, and a little frustrating, in terms of me getting into a good rhythm with the platforming.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1625 on: March 22, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition - Been playing in coop with my kids for the past few days, just started a survival island and having a blast!

kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #1626 on: March 25, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »

picked up a couple Atelier games a few years ago when the price was right. finally got around to actually playing one of them and i was instantly hooked. now i need to get the remaining 10+ games in the series.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1627 on: March 25, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »

Costume Quest is a very awesome game! I have the second one as well, but haven't started that one yet. The first was such a breath of fresh, retro air. I deeply appreciate that game.

Couldn't agree more! I beat the game the other day, and I beat Grubbins on Ice (the DLC) just now. I got all achievements except "play Costume Quest on Christmas".

Wonderful game. The atmosphere, humour and music are all top notch. I really enjoy the focussed nature of the game. It takes the best of traditional RPG's, without all the needless complexity and bloaty 60 hour grindfest to get leveled up to beat the final boss.

I really don't have the time anymore to game as I used to do, so shorter games such as this one are very much appreciated. I have Costume Quest 2 as well, but I'm going to first play something else.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1628 on: March 25, 2018, 06:20:10 PM »

Finally finished Just Cause 3.  Very fun even though it was super buggy.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1629 on: March 26, 2018, 02:58:31 PM »

Dadgum, Tiny Barbarian DX is difficult!  I got through the first quest/adventure yesterday, and started the 2nd quest.  The rope swinging is not very intuitive - one expects to get the most momentum when jumping off the rope at the apex of its swing, but not in this game.  You have to do so a little before that, or you get almost no boost.  Also, some of the jumps required in the game are insane.  It makes me think that the super-hard platforming genre (like Super Meat Boy et al) might not be for me...

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1630 on: March 27, 2018, 12:10:28 PM »

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - I keep having ups and downs with this game.  I'll probably finish it, but it won't go down as one of my favorites.

Secret of Mana (Remake) - Just finished this in co-op.  I have a lot of mixed feelings.  Overall, it's kind of a shoddy remake and feels like a cheap cash-grab.  They should have put more effort into this.

I thought about starting another game from my backlog, but I have Ni No Kuni II pre-ordered and plan on starting that soon, so I guess I'll just keep working on Radiant Historia in the mean time.

Yeah, this didn't happen.

The Last of Us: Remastered - I've been itching to replay this lately, so that's what I did.  I still love this game.  I feel like the remastered version for PS4 is kind of janky though.  I'm seeing lots of little technical issues that I never noticed on PS3, and I played through that version 2 or 3 times.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Since I loved Stick of Truth so much, I decided to go ahead and start this one.  I only played it for a couple of hours before TLOU consumed my gaming time, but so far I don't like it as much as Stick of Truth.  Maybe it'll grow on me.

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Started this on release day.  I've got around 8 hours in it so far, but it's not really grabbing me like the first game did.  The battle mechanics feel more simple and fast-paced, and many of the added features don't seem to add much to the experience.  I feel like they were going for a broader audience with this game, and that many hardcore JRPG fans won't like most of the changes.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1631 on: March 28, 2018, 08:48:04 AM »

I have officially given up on Tiny Barbarian DX, for now.  No use in playing a game that's just frustrating me, and I'm not having any fun.  I got near the end of the 2nd set of stages (the 2nd adventure, I guess), but when you play a portion 50 times and can't make any measurable progress, it's pretty disheartening.  I was going to start something new last night, but ended up having to work, so instead, I just started the download of the original Bayonetta for my Switch, so at least I've redeemed the download code in my Bayonetta 2 game.  Not sure if I want to start playing that, or move on to something else yet, and based on what I have going on the rest of the week, I may not get to do much of any gaming until Sunday  Undecided

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1632 on: March 29, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Started this on release day.  I've got around 8 hours in it so far, but it's not really grabbing me like the first game did.  The battle mechanics feel more simple and fast-paced, and many of the added features don't seem to add much to the experience.  I feel like they were going for a broader audience with this game, and that many hardcore JRPG fans won't like most of the changes.

So I've been playing this game a lot lately and it's really been growing on me.  I still think I like the first game more, although I will say that exploring towns looking for more people to recruit to your kingdom is highly addicting and somewhat reminiscent of Suikoden.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1633 on: March 29, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »

I watched my wife play Yoshi's Cookie NES and after several hours beat it. She ended up getting a code to play it on an even harder setting, that she gleefully wrote down.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1634 on: March 30, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »

I've just come to the realization that I'm completely burnt out on RPGs, so I'm probably just going to put South Park back on the shelf for now.  I guess I'll still work my way through Ni No Kuni II and Radiant Historia since I've already invested so much time in them.

So obviously I'm in need of some action games to play.  I have a handful of games in mind, but I would love it if some of you guys here could make some suggestions.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length