RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:16:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | my Contra fan site 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: my Contra fan site  (Read 1521 times)
prototector
N-Gage

Stats
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »

Hello.

I figure why not let everyone know about my Contra fan site, the Contra Encyclopedia. If you like the series and want to know some neat tidbits here and there, or even some cool scans/screenshots, about the mainstream official Contra games, check it out.

http://contrapedia.wordpress.com

I cover only the official Contra games released in the 3 main regions (North America, Japan and Europe/Australia). Yeah, I know, the  design isn't really good; but I'm hoping that's made up for by the information I provide.

Part of the reason for joining this forum is to hopefully find out more information/salvage the content off the dreaded Konami Live! plug-n-play gamepads, in order to update that section of my site. I recently noticed that it's sorely lacking in information, something that perplexes me as I thought I filled in about this port 3 years ago.

Interesting note: China has pretty much its own whole world of official Contra games, merchandise, etc., spanning all sorts of systems. Covering that region would be a nightmare of an undertaking and is downright impossible nowadays due to many of them being lost to time and obscurity.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »

Cool site. You don't see these type of sites much anymore. It was more of an early 2000s thing.
prototector
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 02:46:58 PM »

Thanks!
You are right, the popularity for dedicated fan sites for game series really died down in recent years. It could be due to the more prevalent use of wikis, plus wikipedia itself covering some bases. But I've always really liked this format of delivering information, as opposed to just simply wikis, as it isn't as limiting. Plus in my case, there is a very large volume of information that has never been added to wikipedia and others due to not meeting the standards, even if said information is valid and interesting. On top of that, all the previous Contra fan sites that I know feel very incomplete.
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »

Cool site from me as well now I learnt to love the game from playing the NES version after only playing the C64 version.  Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length