RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Modern Playthrough - January 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Modern Playthrough - January 2015  (Read 22501 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2015, 10:13:37 AM »

They should also be set to your down button on the D Pad. That should be up your weapon inventory. Down (unless it's different for PS3 should equip rocket launchers.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2015, 10:14:48 AM »

Walk up to the weapon and hold X to pick it up. (On PS3 I'm not sure which button, but look for an icon of a handgun with an arrow pointing up at the bottom of the screen.) That's how you pick up weapons.

I've tried that and when I walk up to the weapon, it shows to use "square," but it still will not let me grab it. It's rather odd, but I have tried all of the buttons and several combinations

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 10:15:48 AM »

They should also be set to your down button on the D Pad. That should be up your weapon inventory. Down (unless it's different for PS3 should equip rocket launchers.

I have a grenade launcher in as my selectable heavy artillery weapon. Not sure how to swap them out.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2015, 10:21:22 AM »

Just finished the helicopter gatling gun scene last night and stopped at the beginning of Mission 7.  I agree with singlebanana, the helicopter scene was a nice change of pace after all of the repetitive run & gun action that came before it.  

Walk up to the weapon and hold X to pick it up. (On PS3 I'm not sure which button, but look for an icon of a handgun with an arrow pointing up at the bottom of the screen.) That's how you pick up weapons.

I've tried that and when I walk up to the weapon, it shows to use "square," but it still will not let me grab it. It's rather odd, but I have tried all of the buttons and several combinations

Are you holding down the square button?  I believe you actually have to hold the button down for a couple of seconds to pick up a new weapon.  If that doesn't work, then I have no idea...

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »

Just hold the Square button. That should equip it for you. Nothing in the manual about picking up weapons?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2015, 10:57:15 AM »

Okay, I'll try that. What's......this......"manual".......you speak of?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2015, 11:04:18 AM »

Okay, I'll try that. What's......this......"manual".......you speak of?

I know, right? You can't play paper after all.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »

Don't think I mentioned it in the thread yet, but I finished the game over the weekend.  Overall it was pretty good.  Nothing mind blowing, but for what it is, it's pretty fun.

And I finally started this game up in co-op with a friend last night.  I don't think he was expecting much at all from this game, but I can tell he was having a lot of fun with it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »

Never played it. Sounds like a nonsensical game; glorifies thug culture, reinforces (or validates, depending on who you ask) negative sterotypes of blacks, and puts 50 Cent on an imaginary pedestal. The fact that companies publish games like this shows that they couldn't care less about promoting that kind of lifestyle (which they disapprove of) and that profit trumps any kind of corporate responsibility.

(Before anyone brings up Grand Theft Auto- the equivalent of 5C:BOTS would be a game about Garth Brooks in which he ends his performance by walking off stage with an AR-15 and blowing away liberals left and right- which I would treat with equally scathing criticism)

(I also know that I should play the game before giving judgment but I'm not going to buy an Xbox 360, the game, and spend 10-20 hours to finish it to give a fully-rounded opinion. if the game is anything like his videos, I have enough knowledge to give a prejudgment)

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »

Never played it. Sounds like a nonsensical game; glorifies thug culture, reinforces (or validates, depending on who you ask) negative sterotypes of blacks, and puts 50 Cent on an imaginary pedestal. The fact that companies publish games like this shows that they couldn't care less about promoting that kind of lifestyle (which they disapprove of) and that profit trumps any kind of corporate responsibility.

(Before anyone brings up Grand Theft Auto- the equivalent of 5C:BOTS would be a game about Garth Brooks in which he ends his performance by walking off stage with an AR-15 and blowing away liberals left and right- which I would treat with equally scathing criticism)

(I also know that I should play the game before giving judgment but I'm not going to buy an Xbox 360, the game, and spend 10-20 hours to finish it to give a fully-rounded opinion. if the game is anything like his videos, I have enough knowledge to give a prejudgment)

You're a moron. Get out of here.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »

I'd play that Garth Brooks game.  Seriously. But yeah, you're clearly an ignoramus troll. If you didn't play the game, don't bother responding. This is a playthrough thread for people who played the game, not people who get off on trying to get a rise out of people on websites. Your already horrible reputation on this site proceeds you. You're like a child who waunders aimlessly into a room Donnie.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:34:46 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2015, 08:36:36 AM »

No, that game would be about Garth finding his dog and getting a new girlfriend. Wink We all know that country music joke, right?

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2015, 08:47:27 AM »

No, that game would be about Garth finding his dog and getting a new girlfriend. Wink We all know that country music joke, right?

And then re-invigorating his career with sporadic touring/Vegas shows which sell out in minutes...I don't think 50 Cent's career will see that kind of staying power. Haha. Also, glad someone else noticed the constant negative of ole boy above.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2015, 10:24:48 PM »

picked this up a while back and i sat down to play a few levels, no real plans to finish it anytime soon. it's ridiculous and stupid overall, but if you look purely at the gameplay it's really a lot of fun. great pick guys, definitely a hidden...something, maybe not quite gem but it's good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length