RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:38:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Kirby's Epic Yarn - Modern Playthrough - May 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kirby's Epic Yarn - Modern Playthrough - May 2015  (Read 4131 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« on: April 14, 2015, 08:03:17 AM »

In Kirby's first console platformer in the ten years since Kibry and Crystal Shards (also known as Kirby 64), we'll travel from Dream Land to Patch Land in the adorable, relaxing, and most of all fun Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Nintendo Wii. This game takes the easy platforming we all know and love from the earlier Kirby titles, but mixes it up with completely new mechanics and a brand new art style including the game world and all the characters being made of fabric and yarn. Playing this game for the first time or revisiting it will be a great way for community members to prepare for Nintendo's upcoming Yoshi's Woolly World.

Participants:
grayghost81
disposed hero
ericeskapade
fleach

Checkpoints:
Week One: Complete Worlds 1 & 2
Week Two: Complete Worlds 3 & 4
Week Three: Complete Worlds 5 & 6
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:43:35 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 01:34:15 PM »

Alright man, turns out I already own this game.  Sign me up for this one.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 02:52:40 PM »

Probably should mention that I'll be playing this.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:17:38 PM »

I would like to join this playthrough as well Ghost but unfortunately I don't own a wii or this game. I highly doubt I'd be able to acquire both before the playthrough. But My best wishes to those of you who will be joing this playthrough. I know Kirby's a fun game. Sorry I can't join you guys.

There is no Spoon - Neo
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 05:02:11 AM »

my Wii is hungry, and Kirby was lying there nearly 2 summers wettening the Wii's disc-slot-mouth. I think i will play this game with my girl-friend. She spotted Aladin, DKC and Super Mario Land in my collection, and it turns out she has a little bit of a Jump'n'Run /Platformer-history , too. And who wouldn't like this adorable looking game?! Smiley
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 09:52:45 AM »

As much as I'd love to play this one, I don't have a copy yet, and have a lot going on the month of May, so I'll be sitting this one out.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 06:59:09 PM »

Anyone started playing yet? It's awfully quiet in here.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 03:15:48 AM »

Anyone started playing yet? It's awfully quiet in here.

Maybe a checkpoint would help?

Sorry, I was asleep at the wheel here guys. Week one checkpoint has been added.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »

I played almost halfway through the game in co-op about a week or two ago.  It's a fun and relaxing game.  I don't really have much to say about it at this point.  There are some fun sections in some of the levels where you transform into a vehicle of some kind, and the couple of boss fights I've seen so far were pretty fun.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to die in this game.  Every time you get hit or fall down a pit, you just lose beads.  I guess the game was targeted more towards children so they made it easier, but it is a refreshing change of pace to play a game where failure essentially doesn't exist.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »

pooh, i need some relax time...so this game seems to be the best choice for today's evening
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 04:01:26 AM »

when i tried this game 2 years ago for some 30 minutes it didn't get me...but now after 2 hours i cant wait for the weekend to keep playing on. Such nice ideas with all the zippers to pull Smiley

HAS ANYONE AN IDEA: can kirby "kill" these spike-things that whirl in the little tornados in the dessert-pyramid stages?
I often loose all my diamonds  because of them.

Do you always go for all the gold medals?
My goals is to catch all 3 items/secrets in the differnet worlds, for the start.
Diamonds for Gold-Medals maybe come later.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 11:50:31 AM »

when i tried this game 2 years ago for some 30 minutes it didn't get me...but now after 2 hours i cant wait for the weekend to keep playing on. Such nice ideas with all the zippers to pull Smiley

HAS ANYONE AN IDEA: can kirby "kill" these spike-things that whirl in the little tornados in the dessert-pyramid stages?
I often loose all my diamonds  because of them.

Do you always go for all the gold medals?
My goals is to catch all 3 items/secrets in the differnet worlds, for the start.
Diamonds for Gold-Medals maybe come later.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can kill those spike things in the tornadoes by throwing something at them.

I've been getting gold medals and all three treasures for most of the levels, but I don't worry about it if I miss something.  I might go back and replay some of the more fun levels later on if I feel up for it.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 04:50:32 AM »

New checkpoint is up and you may notice a pattern developing...

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 08:25:55 AM »

Enjoying this so far. I have a soft spot for Kirby games.

Right now I'm half way through world 2.

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 11:22:41 AM »

just to put some live into this forum segment Smiley

finished the world with the octopus boss...don't know as which world that counts actually.

Still only having praise for this game. I am always exicted to get into another world and see, what ideas the programmers/designers have come up with. And this is the way how an platformer / Jump'n Run shoul be , i think.
Also the music is so perfect Smiley
I think you can play this game with "two" different difficulties... when you just finish the story and stages it is an easy game...but if you want to collect all the gold medals it really get's tricky to the end. in some stages i really find it hard to not get hit...for example in the world where you are chasen by the big fishes and the level scrolls automatically.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:21:23 PM by ericeskapade » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length