RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:17:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | N64 white vs grey cardboard boxes, reproduction or real? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: N64 white vs grey cardboard boxes, reproduction or real?  (Read 1098 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:06:45 PM »

I started trying to really improve my collection, take note of condition issues, and prepare to get started upgrading things. i've noticed that some of my N64 boxes have white cardboard, while others have a light grey cardboard. See the picture below to see what I mean. What I'm worried is whether or not one of these are fake? Does white cardboard always = reproduction, or was white ever used in the factory for maybe third party/second party games and late print runs?

The Harvest Moon 64 pictured below isn't as perfect as I would expect for a reproduction, there are some moderate issues like creases and some crushing. From what I've seen before, most reproduction things seem to be "too good to be true". Maybe someone else could check their Harvest Moon 64 box and see if it matches mine?

edit: someone replied to this on nintendoage and said their copy of harvest moon is white too, so that's a relief. anyone know a reliable way to tell if a box is fake or not? i thought i had heard somewhere that white cardboard = reproduction, but it sounds like that's not always the case.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:24:16 PM by techwizard » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 08:51:20 AM »

They are legit.
If you look through all your boxes you will find quite a few of them are different materials. Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length