RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:18:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | My Gaming History & GameCube Collection Goals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My Gaming History & GameCube Collection Goals  (Read 885 times)
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« on: May 22, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »

*This was originally supposed to be a blog post but I couldn't seem to get it to work. If someone could help me with this that would be great. Smiley*

Hi! For those of you who don't know me let, let me first tell you a little about myself. I am one of the younger members of this site and thus my first gaming experience came with the Nintendo 64. I vividly remember my excitement of going to my friend's house to play Super Smash Bros., Pokemon Snap, and Army Men. I had a childhood obsession with TMNT  leo much driven on by the T.V. show from 2003. I had lots of figures, backpacks, shoes...you name it. If it had turtles on it, I wanted it. So of course when I learned of the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Game I knew I had to have. Having little idea what different game consoles were, I asked Santa for a Xbox for Christmas. Running downstairs Christmas morning I opened up my presents to find the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition GameCube bundle along with TMNT & Spider-Man. I was overjoyed. Looking back I'm quite glad I received a GameCube instead of a Xbox. (Kudos Dad) This led to a childhood obsession with my little black box that still lasts to this day. Being a young child, however, I missed out on many of the really great games for the system.

In about 2012 I began becoming interested in game collecting after reading the legacy lists in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Seeing the list of all these old games which I had missed out on really made me wonder what was out there. Since then I have begun garage saling, scouring thrift stores, and most of all spending countless hours reading about the video games of the past. All my friends know me as the go to resource about any old games. I mean, I think it's pretty safe to say I'm the only one in my small town who know about the Fairchild Channel F. During this time I found the wonderful Rfgeneration Database while googling something along the lines of "Video Game Checklists". This site also introduced me to the wonderful (or horrible...depending on how you look at it) world of variants.

During the last few years, I have acquired and traded a lot of video games. Recently I have become overwhelmed with the sheer randomness of my collection and realized how I don't have any real goals or restrictions on what I am collecting. When I first started this account, I entitled it "Project Nintendo". My goal was simple. Collect every Nintendo game. Ever. Was I stupid? Yes. Did I have a lot to learn? Yes. Did I stick strictly to Nintendo? Not at all. Which leads me to my present-day dilemma. I need a new goal.

I have decided to concentrate my selling on my favorite system of all time. The good 'ol cube that began it all for me. I have also decided to thin out much of my non-Nintendo games. These include games for consoles such as the PS2, Sega Genesis, etc. This has to do with space limits and personal interest. I have already started a thread for trading/selling games. I have decided to use these games only to trade for GameCube items which are not in my collection. I hope by getting rid of some of the things that don't fit my collection goals I can help the members of Rfgeneration meet some of their own, while growing my GameCube collection on the same time. So if you're looking for some new games, please consider taking a minute to check my thread. It will be updated extensively in the next couple of days so stay posted and check back often!

I thnk this wraps up my first blog post. I'm not quite sure how to end this so why not finish off with a quote.

“Congratulation. This story is happy end. Thank you.” (Ghosts 'N Goblins)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 12:34:02 AM »

i remember reading this topic and intending to reply and i'm surprised it didn't get any other members attention either. the gamecube is a great system, so many amazing games for it, and i really enjoy the controller. i'm in more or less the same boat in terms of being big on N64 and then gamecube too when i was growing up (though neither were my first experience with games).

i empathize with your decision to trim other consoles and focus on one, i'm doing the same myself except with N64 instead of Gamecube. it's very satisfying to look at the systems you aren't as into and only see games you think will be good to play, instead of whatever random stuff you might pick up without setting limits.
Begather
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 12:59:51 AM »

Interesting and informational thread you have shared with us. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:32:39 AM by Begather » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length