RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:50:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Socrates Power Supply Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Socrates Power Supply Question  (Read 1929 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »

I know, I know, I have many console issues lately.  I've had my Socrates in storage and finally tried it out.  The kids love this thing and want to play it every night.  Thing is this thing takes 6 D batteries!  A power supply can be used.  The console says 12V DC but I cannot find any information online about the Amperage on this thing.  It has the same tip as a SMS power supply.  Any help on locating a power supply or information on the power supply would be a great help.  Thanks!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:07 PM »

I found a picture of the bottom of one of those. It has a sticker with the voltage, amps and polarity on it.
The pic I found is a bit blurry, but it looks to be 12v 800mA Center Positive.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:22:33 AM »

I found a picture of the bottom of one of those. It has a sticker with the voltage, amps and polarity on it.
The pic I found is a bit blurry, but it looks to be 12v 800mA Center Positive.

Great, that helps!  When selecting a power supply you have to get the same voltage power supply but you have some leeway with the Amperage, right Mumbo?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:38:35 AM »

Watching this thread with interest, as I have a "non-functioning" Socrates, and I now wonder if the wrong power supply was used.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 12:29:17 PM »

Great, that helps!  When selecting a power supply you have to get the same voltage power supply but you have some leeway with the Amperage, right Mumbo?
The voltage should be as close as possible. Usually, 1 volt higher or lower should be safe enough.
The polarity must match.
The amps can be higher and generally shouldn't be lower. The system will only draw the amps it needs.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:31:48 PM by mumboking » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length