RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RF Generation Playcast - SideCast #1 (E3 2016) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Playcast - SideCast #1 (E3 2016)  (Read 7231 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: July 04, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »

We jump the tracks and discuss E3 2016.  Let us know what you think of this format and we'd love to hear your thoughts on E3.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:03:53 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:10:28 PM »

I enjoyed the show, and it's good to see you guys branch out a bit. I hope you guys kept a running list of all the games that you are going to do playthroughs for in the future.

Obviously my thoughts on E3 are already out there, but one thing you guys didn't touch on: Scorpio and PS4K. Thoughts?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Duke.  Yes, we did mention several games that we would like to do a playthrough for in that podcast.  I'm sure Crackdown was probably of most interest to you. Wink

As you know, I'm not really up to date on the modern hardware and since neither the Scorpio or PS4K were not mentioned in the pressers (I don't think I missed them), I'm not so familiar with them.  Hopefully, some of the other guys will have some thoughts on those.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:12:47 AM »

As Steven said, with the Play Anywhere feature if someone has a high power PC they don't need an Xbox One. Maybe when 4K becomes more affordable people will make the change. I think that since it's not a major hardware upgrade like what a new console generation brings I'll pass on it. To me it's more like newer versions of our current gen of consoles instead of things that will replace them.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:39:46 AM »

I'm not a big fan of these mid generation console upgrades.  Having to upgrade your console every 2 or 3 years in order to stay on top of the game really sounds like one of the hassles of PC gaming, just without most of the benefits of using a PC over a console.  This is making me strongly consider doing most of my gaming from now on on a PC, and just keeping my consoles around for exclusives.  And by 'strongly consider', I mean I've already ordered an Nvidia 1070 and expect it to arrive by the end of the week.

I think it remains to be seen just how much of an improvement the new hardware will be over the originals.  I'm speculating that it may be more of a VR thing, and maybe we won't see vast improvements of the games themselves.  I'm also keeping in mind that since games will still have to support the less powerful console variations, we may only see marginal improvements on the higher end models.  Of course, that may just be wishful thinking on my part, trying to convince myself that I don't need the latest and greatest for once...

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »

Just listening now.

Horizon is at the top of my most wanted list as well.

I'm in for VR but I want to see where the dust settles first. A little more standardization will go a long way... there's also too many companies with too much money invested for it to go away.

With the newest Skylanders you get access to a certain subset of parts but in order to unlock extra parts you have to buy teacher Skylanders. So if you really want that metallic head for Trigger Happy you better buy that special edition teacher.

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens does a lot to change up a stagnant formula. It's one of two games this year that has really surprised me. (The other was Doom). I really like the third person cover action sequences.

I would not buy "Fart on a taco" .... I'll take a wait and see approach to the newest Kojima game.

I've heard that the Spider-Man game is Sony exclusive.

Prey is a reboot. Prey 2 was scrapped.

I really enjoyed Dishonored and I'm looking forward to playing the sequel.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:59:44 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »

Apparently Best Buy was demoing the Playstation VR this past weekend. Maybe they will do another round?

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...0.c?id=pcmcat748301781160

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 09:04:55 PM »

I wonder if the Canadian Best Buys will do that too. Like I said on the episode, I'd love to try VR despite my feelings that I'll have a pretty nauseous time.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length