RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:13:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Need Some Serious Advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need Some Serious Advice  (Read 4609 times)
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: August 10, 2022, 07:34:34 AM »

I used to run a YouTube gaming channel.  I retired it due to my ex-fiancee breaking off our engagement.  In particular, the reasoning is now that I'm back in the dating pool, I don't want anyone to feel off-put or uncomfortable that she was a part of the channel.

The problem is, I love content creation and I miss doing it.  Should I revive the existing channel?  Should I start a new one and migrate some of the older content over?  Do I just throw in the towel and move on?

A couple more things of importance when helping to give advice:
1. I had to fire someone from the old channel and to avoid copyright strikes from his vengeful butt, I had to private some videos he appeared in, including a podcast we attempted to launch.

2. I don't work best alone.  There are times where I'm much more amusing working with friends.  Unfortunately, I live 30 minutes away from my YouTube crew now and their schedules don't always allow them to come over and still have time to rest and relax (We play D&D on the weekends and that's when the main one I did Let's Plays with is off).

Anyway, as I said, I love content creation so I'm looking for some good advice on what to do.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 12:18:13 PM »

Given that I'm not a content creator and my YouTube consumption is mainly for education and a few carefully curated news reporters, I'm not the guy from whom you probably would want advice.  So here's some advice!

I'd just find someone you can create content with on a regular schedule and make a clean break.  Use what worked and/or what you liked from before, and make something new.  Rough relationships color everything, so move forward and take the best along with you. 

Just my thoughts. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 07:51:13 PM »

Just do it.  Old Channel.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 10:03:04 AM »

I'll play Devil's Advocate for a moment here and say that, depending on how long you've been gone, starting a new channel might be the way to go. I say this mostly because of the algorithm stuff that's been going on lately. An older channel might not be able to bring in the numbers, whereas newer channels sometimes have a chance to be seen by fresh eyes, and build a subscriber base.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 01:12:00 PM »

I'll play Devil's Advocate for a moment here and say that, depending on how long you've been gone, starting a new channel might be the way to go. I say this mostly because of the algorithm stuff that's been going on lately. An older channel might not be able to bring in the numbers, whereas newer channels sometimes have a chance to be seen by fresh eyes, and build a subscriber base.

Don't listen to me.  Go with this guy.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 04:01:46 PM »

If you go that route, I would say it would be worth putting an announcement video on your old channel, to direct folks to the new one, so at least old subs who see you have a new video, will know to go sub to the new channel.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length