RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:57:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | RIP Turd Ferguson 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RIP Turd Ferguson  (Read 4449 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: September 17, 2021, 12:52:38 AM »

When I found out about the death of  SNL alum and stand-up sensation Norm MacDonald, took the news pretty hard. But do you know who took the bad news even harder? You guessed it: Frank Stallone.

I'm rather ashamed to admit that I only started to appreciate Norm's comedy a few years ago. Before then, I though the guy was a real jerk! A downright dirty dog, you know? But then I saw his his constant dumping on O.J. Simpson on SNL's Weekend Update...

...and I cracked a big smile at his delightfully corny roast of Bob Saget that made everyone else on the dais downright uncomfortable-- well, except for Gilbert Gottfried:

I especially enjoyed his deft derailment of any attempt at a coherent conversation with the ladies on The View during the 2000 presidential election fiasco:

And how could one not enjoy his triumphant return to SNL as Burt Reynolds--errr, I mean, Turd Ferguson on "Celebrity Jeopardy":

Oh, and didja know he also did stand-up comedy? His rambling yet compelling "12-Minute Joke" kept me on the edge of my seat for 11 minutes and 59 seconds:

But my fave Norm stand-up bit had to be his thoughts on Bill Cosby's horrific decades-long history of $exu@l assaults:

Norm also did a podcast type thingy for a little while. The very first episode, which ended up being my favorite of the entire run, featured the late, great Bob "Super Dave" Einstein getting all indignant and kvetchy during "the reading of the jokes" segment:

I must say I was very surprised when I found out about his death from cancer. But then I remembered this interview he did some time back, and it all made sense:

Say what you will about Norm, he man was as good as his word. Besides, it's not like he actually lost his battle with cancer:

That last joke headed into Mitch Hedberg territory a little bit, don'cha think?

In any case, I hope Norm's family will honor his wish to bury him in a  very, very, very deep grave.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 11:07:04 AM »

Yeah, Norm MacDonald's death came as a surprise, and it's unfortunate. He really was a unique talent, and will be missed.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length