RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What music have you purchased recently? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: What music have you purchased recently?  (Read 67388 times)
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2019, 12:11:58 AM »

I picked up two music cds recently at Goodwill.

The Monkees Greatest Hits
America's Greatest Hits History

I also picked up one LP from the band Sweet. I love the song Fox On The Run and a few others on it.

Sweet-Desolation Boulevard

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:14:16 AM by Ghost Soldier » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2019, 03:41:10 PM »

EDIT: Whoops, I thought I'd posted this to the "What Are You Listening To?" thread. Sorry for the mix-up, guys.

----

Hey now,

I picked up two music cds recently at Goodwill.

The Monkees Greatest Hits
America's Greatest Hits History

I also picked up one LP from the band Sweet. I love the song Fox On The Run and a few others on it.

Sweet-Desolation Boulevard

Wow, I thought I was the only soy-boy-beta-cuck around these parts who enjoyed the blissful wimpiness of America. Sister Golden Hair surprises, alligator lizards in the air, and nameless equine entities all around...

As for myself, today I decided to listen to a few tunes that all have one thing in common:

And of course, there's one particular album:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:37:53 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2019, 09:11:11 PM »

In case I forget to take photos, I'll just post a list of my latest CD acquisitions.

OK Go - Oh No (A Burnout Revenge Album)
Daft Punk - Discovery
CKY - An Answer Can Be Found (A Burnout Revenge Album)
Eighteen Visions - I Let Go (Song featured in Burnout 3)
Fall Out Boy - Save Rock And Roll
The Return Of The Gladiators (Unfortunately, something has gotten to this one, making the unique tracks unreadable Sad)
Teletubbies Say "Eh-Oh!" (Roll Eyes)
Fall Out Boy - Folie À Deux
Eighteen Visions - Eighteen Visions
Shrek - Music From The Original Motion Picture

So maybe I'll update this post to add photos, but who knows? Tongue

EDIT: Here's a photo!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:20:06 PM by mumboking » Logged
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2019, 11:34:12 PM »

Pink beautiful Trauma sealed for 1.00 at a thrift.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »

The Early Tapes of the Beatles CD

mattbrake90
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2019, 11:23:48 PM »

This is my first post on this but I recently got into buying KPOP albums on CD probably have around 30+ in a few months

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »

Wow, I thought I was the only soy-boy-beta-cuck around these parts who enjoyed the blissful wimpiness of America. Sister Golden Hair surprises, alligator lizards in the air, and nameless equine entities all around...

While I wouldn't classify you so disparagingly, I, too, enjoy me some America. Their 1st 2 albums are untouchable for early 70's pop/rock/folk, alongside early Eagles. I could listen to "Ventura Highway" on repeat all day long, and not get tired of it.

@Ghost Soldier - I really need to look into getting some Sweet on vinyl. "Fox On The Run" is great, and everything of theirs I've heard so far, I've enjoyed. Time to hit the stacks, next time I'm in proximity to a record store...

Lately, I've been rediscovering a few things, due to buying a new cartridge and headshell for my Audio-Technica LP120 turntable. I've had the stock cartridge on there for a decade, and after much hemming and hawing, decided to finally do some upgrades. So I purchased a corkboard slipmat, to finally replace the lousy felt mat that came with the table. Half the time, it stuck to the record, and I had to peel it off when flipping it, or putting them away. This still has some static cling, but not nearly as bad, and it's not a dust or dog hair magnet. I also bought a weighted stabilizer, to help make sure records aren't slipping. Finally, I bought a Vessel A3SE cartridge and headshell combo set, to replace the stock unit. I should have done this a decade ago! I spun Boston's debut, which is a killer album, but I was in shock at how good it sounded with the new needle. After that, I blasted "Mob Rules" by Black Sabbath, and was stunned at how much low end the album has. I never realized it had such a heavy bass sound, but with that new cartridge, it sounds incredible. I'll be going back to a few old favorites again, soon. Just prior to receiving those in the mail, I had a Saturday where I spent most of it doing housework and stuff, and I spun the 1st 4 RATT releases, and a couple Dokken records. I might have to revisit those again, now that I have upgraded my table.

linalufis
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »

Recently, I've been looking at the benefits that can come with releasing music, either quite often or rarely. There are many good reasons to consider any of these options, but what I did not discuss in detail in my piece was what might be wrong with these choices. And music without royalties is sporadic on Icloud phones, and it's best to listen to music either on youtube or Spotify or https://depositphotos.com/music.html.  You love listening to music on your phone or more on your computer.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length