RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Youtube 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Youtube  (Read 9381 times)
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »

As far as Let's Plays go, I really only watch HCBailly and his never-ending run of demolishing RPGs. I watch several game collector channels though, and I have a pickups channel of my own which I put out new videos on in spurts.
mattbrake90
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 08:31:03 PM »

I'll watch various channels.

Plus I have a youtube Channel: Brakegamer1990

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 04:01:27 PM »

I watch Crabby's video's cause he is a buddy, but other than that, I find most Youtube videos on gaming, incredibly annoying.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 11:04:48 PM »

I hate let's play videos. I don't care about some dude with a capture card's opinion. If I want to play a game I will either buy it, borrow it or try out a demo. If none of those are viable at the time I wait for a price drop and pick it up then. Once in a great while I will watch stuff like people finding glitches in games like Pokemon for fun or a walkthrough for a specific achievement I'm having trouble with but if I wanted to watch someone just sit and play I have a 7 year old I can sit and watch. He's more entertaining.

That said, Youtube is a wonderful thing. I can see the value in what some of them can offer. I am just not a fan of let's plays obviously.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 08:38:16 PM »

I hate let's play videos. I don't care about some dude with a capture card's opinion. If I want to play a game I will either buy it, borrow it or try out a demo. If none of those are viable at the time I wait for a price drop and pick it up then. Once in a great while I will watch stuff like people finding glitches in games like Pokemon for fun or a walkthrough for a specific achievement I'm having trouble with but if I wanted to watch someone just sit and play I have a 7 year old I can sit and watch. He's more entertaining.

That said, Youtube is a wonderful thing. I can see the value in what some of them can offer. I am just not a fan of let's plays obviously.

i'm not when it comes to watching the entire game, but i don't mind them as a way to get a quick feel for the game itself. you can see how it actually plays instead of watching cherry picked clips in reviews or trailers.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 01:20:21 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/user/shobonimaster

I've started doing reviews and such on my channel

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »