RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:00:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #33 - Racing Competition & Favorite Playthroughs of 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #33 - Racing Competition & Favorite Playthroughs of 2016  (Read 4481 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:12:52 PM »

COMING SOON!.........But not that soon.........  Shocked

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:54:05 PM »

Great episode!  These year-end episodes are always fun!  Even though I haven't participated in a playthrough since July, I still want to throw my top 5 out there for this year:

5.  Bully - I tried to play this game back when it first came out, but was immediately put off by it and didn't play very much of it.  Revisiting the game nearly 10 years later, I still had the same initial impression, but I stuck with it this time because of the playthrough and came away really enjoying it in the end.

4.  Super Mario Bros. 3 & World - I've played both of these games extensively in the past and would contend that they are the two best platformers ever made, but my real reason for picking this playthrough is that I had the great opportunity to play both of these games in co-op with my best friend.  As great as these games are by yourself, playing them with a friend makes it so much more fun, and we had a blast playing these games together.

3.  Life Is Strange - I wasn't sure what to expect going into this one, but it was a very pleasant surprise that I really enjoyed.

2.  Ys Books I & II - Ys has always been one of those prestigious RPG franchises that I had unfortunately never played, so finally getting the chance to play the original was a welcome opportunity for me.  I really enjoyed this game and have been chomping at the bit to play more in the series.

1.  Illusion of Gaia - This probably isn't much of a surprise, but I feel the same way that this game was my 'swan song' as far as playthrough hosting goes.  The fact that I have just as much fun with this game today as I did when I was a kid is pretty cool too.  But the main reason this is my #1 is because everybody who participated seemed to have a great time with it, and it had some great representation on your lists, and it was my pleasure to introduce this classic to all of you.

Most disappointing game:  Folklore - Don't get me wrong, I liked this game and have a positive lasting impression of it, but I feel that some of the strange design choices of the game really drag it down for me.  My disappointment with the game comes from knowing that this game could have been something really great instead of just being a decent game.

Most surprising game:  Uncharted - Having just come off of playing Uncharted 4, I wasn't sure how well I would enjoy going back to the first game in the series.  I was surprised by just how much fun I had with it, plowing through it in just a couple of days.  I really appreciated that it was more 'gamey' than later games in the series, and it was a breath of fresh air after playing through the narrative/cutscene heavy Uncharted 4.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:37:42 PM »

Thanks for sharing your list Steven! For those who don't know, our show is already on YouTube and drops on Podbean at midnight. Happy New Year listeners!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 01:22:32 PM »

This was fun to do, thanks again for the invite! 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 02:58:13 PM »

This was fun to do, thanks again for the invite! 

Enjoyed having you on. We'll do it again some time

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length