RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | RIP Richard Donner 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RIP Richard Donner  (Read 4796 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: July 07, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »

Let us share a moment of silence for a man who had no small hand in popularizing the MCU movies and TV shows that you enjoy today. Of course, as you already know, obviously I'm talking about Richard Donner, director of Superman the Movie and parts of Superman II, who left us a few days ago at the age of 91. Along with producers Alexander and Ilya Salkind and script doctor extraordinaire Tom Mankiewicz, not only did Donner make many of us mid-to-late Gen-X'ers believe a man could fly, he also helped prove that super-hero flicks could be both critically and commercially successful.

Oh yeah, and don't forget about the original The Omen, Maverick, the Lethal Weapon movies, and The Goonies... especially The Goonies. Heck, I even liked The Toy for goodness sakes. Oddly enough, I haven't seen Scrooged or LadyHawke yet... but I'll definitely correct this oversight when I do my Donner-tribute movie-watching marathon real soon...
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 01:24:25 PM »

Cry

You definitely need to see Scrooged. It's not Bill Murray's best film, but I enjoy it, and it works as a zany comedy turned feel good story.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 01:49:10 PM »

Cry

You definitely need to see Scrooged. It's not Bill Murray's best film, but I enjoy it, and it works as a zany comedy turned feel good story.

I'll second this. Personally Scrooged is one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch every year, along with Christmas Vacation. The scenes with a crazed Bobcat Goldthwait still crack me up.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »

Hey now,

Cry

I'll second this. Personally Scrooged is one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch every year, along with Christmas Vacation. The scenes with a crazed Bobcat Goldthwait still crack me up.

Okay, I have two "yea" votes for Scrooged...

...but what about LadyHawke?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length