RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:29:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | RF Generation: the Android App! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation: the Android App!  (Read 4061 times)
junkwaffle
Donor

Stats
« on: May 15, 2017, 02:59:49 PM »

Without question, RFgeneration is the premiere site for collectors, particularly for those looking to keep an accurate, easily accessible online listing of their sweet, sweet game collection.  A few years ago, when I was visiting the site daily, adding entries, I noticed someone had created a mobile version of the site.  What bliss!  Carrying my entire collection of nearly 3000 games in my pocket each and every day!  Wherever I went!  With a multitude of methods to sort my games!  See all my shooters?  Bam!  All my games published by Atlus?  Bam!  Just my Game Boy Color games?  Boom!  All in one continuous flowing list.  I freaking loved that app.  My favorite app of all time.

Just about a month ago, I gave away my beloved Galaxy Note 3, which served me oh so well, to someone who truly deserved it.  Anyway, I've since come to the rf generation site only to realize my horrific suspicion that the mobile app may no longer be in service!  I saw a link on the front page, but that only leads to this:

https://play.google.com/s...id=com.jgrue.rfgeneration

Does anyone know if it's true?  Is the dream over?

no

Oh, gawd, noooooo.....!!!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »

It's an issue the staff is aware of and is working on.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 06:07:53 PM »

It was delisted due to Google policies, and we're working to get it re-published with the addition of the Switch platform.
For now, it can be sideloaded from here: http://apk-dl.com/rf-generation

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:25:28 AM »

If you don't trust that site, I also have it on mine: http://mumboking.byethost...n/RF%20Generation_2.7.apk
junkwaffle
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:30:10 AM »

Thanks so much for the replies!  I'm glad to hear the app is still alive!

In the meantime, I tried using the link Shadow Kisuragi offered, but a bunch of creepy pages opened and I ditched it.  I downloaded the one on mumboking's link, and it seems fine with no incidents.  I hate to be such an ignoramus, but now that I downloaded it on my PC, what next?  Or do I download directly onto my phone ... and then open it?

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm an old fellow and need a little coaching - but really, thanks so much for the info and the help.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »

Either download it to your phone or move it from your PC to your phone.  Find it on your phone and tap it to install. 

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »

Sorry, missed this thread. I have recompiled the code and am working on getting the app published again. Will update again once we have something.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 03:35:21 PM »

I hate to be such an ignoramus, but now that I downloaded it on my PC, what next?  Or do I download directly onto my phone ... and then open it?

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm an old fellow and need a little coaching - but really, thanks so much for the info and the help.
You'll need to transfer it to or download it on your phone.
Enable installing apps from places other than the store by changing this setting:
[img width=700 height=411]http://mobilesnack.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Unknown-Sources-Android-4.x.jpg[/img]
After that you need to locate where it is using a file manager and open it.
You can change that setting back afterwards.
junkwaffle
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 07:14:35 PM »

Thanks for the help!  So glad this app is still alive!  Yes, let's keep an update thread going.  Thanks again.

Sorry, missed this thread. I have recompiled the code and am working on getting the app published again. Will update again once we have something.

You're my new hero, sir!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length