RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:04:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | "I'm Your Turbo Lover!!" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: "I'm Your Turbo Lover!!"  (Read 7699 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 07:34:26 AM »

So awesome that you've amassed them all.  And I sit in wonderment that there are only 94 original TurboChip releases during the system's initial run.  That seems so small...

I'm with you, SirPsycho, I have a TG-16 and a handful of card-based games, but as much of a cheapskate as I am, it's hard to justify $35 for Final Lap card-only, and other such nonsense I sometimes see in the wild, so until I can source some good games a little cheaper, I'm going to stick with emulation for my Turbo fix.  I have a Raspberry Pi setup coming, and I'm excited to play with that.  It will be nice to finally play Valis II on TV (instead of a PC screen), since I actually own that CIB.  But I do hope to track down some of the rest of the library, including all the good TurboChip shmups.  Having said that, I know AeroBlasters will probably be a chore to find, in addition to the aforementioned Magical Chase.  I might opt for a repro on that one.

Don't get a counterfeit copy. Get a flash/everdrive or something instead!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »

So awesome that you've amassed them all.  And I sit in wonderment that there are only 94 original TurboChip releases during the system's initial run.  That seems so small...

I'm with you, SirPsycho, I have a TG-16 and a handful of card-based games, but as much of a cheapskate as I am, it's hard to justify $35 for Final Lap card-only, and other such nonsense I sometimes see in the wild, so until I can source some good games a little cheaper, I'm going to stick with emulation for my Turbo fix.  I have a Raspberry Pi setup coming, and I'm excited to play with that.  It will be nice to finally play Valis II on TV (instead of a PC screen), since I actually own that CIB.  But I do hope to track down some of the rest of the library, including all the good TurboChip shmups.  Having said that, I know AeroBlasters will probably be a chore to find, in addition to the aforementioned Magical Chase.  I might opt for a repro on that one.

I 100% agree. Grab a Turbo Everdrive from Stone Age Gamer. You'll have the entire US and JPN library at your fingertips + homebrew, translations, and tools

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 08:37:29 AM »

I 100% agree. Grab a Turbo Everdrive from Stone Age Gamer. You'll have the entire US and JPN library at your fingertips + homebrew, translations, and tools

Listen to this guy ^! Don't support counterfeits !!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »

Speaking of reproduction cartridges:

https://db-electronics.ca...s-for-reproduction-carts/

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »

Sad

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »

@Crabby: I can recommend that he goes for the more cost & gameplay effective Everdrive route, but I can't stop him from buying a repro. If he does decide to buy a repro I figured at least he should know what to look for. I'm assuming you've run into some trouble regarding repros at your store. Any tales you'd like to share?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:01:20 PM by Addicted » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length