RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:36:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | A little help on my first submission of a regionwide version 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A little help on my first submission of a regionwide version  (Read 3599 times)
Decode
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: November 02, 2019, 07:34:24 AM »

Hello everyone,

Fellow game collector from Italy at your service! I'm just starting out around here, please bear with me if I get (most) things wrong.
I'm having difficulties adding a regionwide version of a game for a region that has already a subregional variation in the database. I'm trying to add the European (regionwide) version of Shovel Knight for the Nintendo 3DS, which has a german (subregional variation) already in the database and I can't submit it...

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 08:32:52 AM »

Hi

There are ways to get around that. However in this situation it won’t be a Europe wide version. As there is a German version it can’t be europe regionwide.

I assume it’s this version:
https://rover.ebay.com/ro...Fulk%2Fitm%2F372824838107

Nintendo might have given it the EUR code but it’s actually the UK version. We generally base Europe stuff off the language.

Hope that helps.
Decode
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 11:16:39 AM »

Yeah, that is the version I was referring to. I assumed it was a EU version because of the EUR suffix in its part number whereas UK titles have a UKV suffix (much like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D), so it's a bit confusing.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:23:45 AM by decode » Logged

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 11:21:37 AM »

Nintendo are really inconsistent with their codes. Best ignored really :-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length