RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:36:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Generic Cables? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Generic Cables?  (Read 1899 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »

I'm going though my cable box and adding entries / pics for any official or branded cables I pull out. I'm doing some research on each one and seeing if it was an official cable / packaged with a system and adding them to the correct entry. My question is, I have some "generic" cables for various systems that there's no way I would ever find a manufacturer or anything for them.  Would a "Generic" database entry be ok or would this just be clutter?

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:35:55 PM »

Recently I submitted a generic cable for snes. In the manufacturer it get approved with OEM  name
Think this should be the best way
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »

Maybe it's better to decide what is the correct way to insert this items.

I saw there is some of this under "Generic" manufacturer, others under "----", I submited 2 under "OEM" manufacturer, and in "Unknow" manufacturer there are some that are unbranded/replica/clone and other entries are from third-party manufacturers.

I believe this should be discussed, and decided if the database should have this type, and if yes, the best way to do it, creating a rule for it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length