RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Bigger image file size 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bigger image file size  (Read 3728 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »

Is there a chance we can get the image size of attachments either made bigger or unlimited?

I've tried attaching photos from my phone but they are all over 3500k. I'm sure at one time that was a good size but now it's nothing, would making the limit bigger be a problem for the site?

The same sort of goes for the database. 550 pixels is pretty small and images can look distorted. What's the reason for the limit, uniformity, space saving or??

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 06:21:11 AM »

Hi there!

Good images at 550px in the smaller side is quite enough. I canīt speak for everyone, but for me this is enough, specially when working with the RFG Android app, that saves bandwith and time to check the image.

I would agree to have possibility to add bigger size and specially better quality images, if there is an script to resize to the 550px to make all uniform, and then have the possibility to see the full size image.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:25:46 AM »

I would agree to have possibility to add bigger size and specially better quality images, if there is an script to resize to the 550px to make all uniform, and then have the possibility to see the full size image.

i agree with this! have the option to view full size, but don't force it, if storage space for the site isn't the problem. Not everyone has fast internet, as much as that's hard to believe when you live in an area where everyone has good speeds.
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 06:05:01 PM »

You can actually submit images a bit larger than 550px on the short side, I've been able to get away with having them be 575px.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:06:21 PM »

The limit is actually the file size, not the dimensions, which I believe is 1MB.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length