RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:03:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Help me identify this Wii part 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help me identify this Wii part  (Read 2858 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: December 19, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »

I found this Wii accesory in a bunch of Wii stuff.  Anyone know what this is for?

[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/xDiqEY6.jpg[/img]

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »

I haven't seen one of those in a long time! You put the Sensor Bar on it. I believe the bottom part peels off to make it stick to a surface.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »

Yep, that's a stand for the sensor bar. The circular bits press into some holes on the bottom of the sensor bar.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 09:38:25 PM »

That's what I thought it was but I didn't recall my Wii coming with this when I got mine at launch.

SMS set complete!
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »

I got mine on launch day and it came with that.

Still on it to this day even though the Wii gets very little use.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »

i've bought 2 wii's new that never came with this, but i bought both relatively late. maybe this only came with earlier wii's?
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 06:14:37 PM »

i've bought 2 wii's new that never came with this, but i bought both relatively late. maybe this only came with earlier wii's?
Google isn’t helping much but one might infer that the 2011 non-GameCube model dropped the part. I got mine in 2008 (or was it 09?) and it was included.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »

I got mine at launch and I swear it didn't come with it.  The sensor bar itself had the two sticky strips on mine.

SMS set complete!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »

My little brother threw it away when we were opening the Wii for the first time after I bought it at launch. I reached out to Nintendo a couple days later and they advised me that they had received many messages for the same reason and sent me a replacement. I am guessing they stopped including that part for that reason and possibly other reasons as well.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 02:33:34 PM »

Google isn’t helping much but one might infer that the 2011 non-GameCube model dropped the part. I got mine in 2008 (or was it 09?) and it was included.

one of them is GC compatible, the red New Super Mario Bros bundle, the other one was the non-GC one though. i think i bought the red one around 2010, maybe 2011? i don't remember for sure though
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 11:02:44 AM »

I'd never seen one of those, but that's pretty cool.  That would certainly make sticking the sensor bar on top of a TV easier, especially for a CRT that doesn't have a flat top.  I might have to seek one out for the CRT I'm using for my Wii...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length