RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:12:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Events | Midwest Gaming Classic (Milwaukee, WI) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Midwest Gaming Classic (Milwaukee, WI)  (Read 13609 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: March 08, 2018, 12:29:55 PM »

I didn't see a thread for this one but MGC is a GREAT retro con and the biggest one in the midwest.  I've been making the trip every year (about 6 hour drive) for a while now and it's totally worth it.  There are a lot of great vendors, classic consoles, arcade games, and pinball all setup to play. 

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

SirConnery
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:06:54 PM »

I'll be there.

~SirConnery
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »

Had a great time at the Midwest Gaming Classic over the weekend!  Here are some pics!

Vendor Hall:

Complete NES boxed set (SE was a PAL copy though)

Some cool, unique items

Pinball / Arcade hall

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:27:52 PM »

I really need to get back out there at some point. The last time I was out, a lot of the vendors were still out in tents.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 07:16:56 AM »

I really need to get back out there at some point. The last time I was out, a lot of the vendors were still out in tents.

They changed venues to downtown Milwaukee so everything is indoors.  A lot more breathing room.  Downside is traffic, pay for parking, and pay more for food.  And it's an expensive price of admission.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:36:05 AM »

They changed venues to downtown Milwaukee so everything is indoors.  A lot more breathing room.  Downside is traffic, pay for parking, and pay more for food.  And it's an expensive price of admission.

Yeah, pretty much everything went up in price BUT the venue is a LOT better then it used to be.  I know a few vendors gave up on the show after the leaky tent year and swore never to come back. 

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 12:04:46 PM »

Yeah, pretty much everything went up in price BUT the venue is a LOT better then it used to be.  I know a few vendors gave up on the show after the leaky tent year and swore never to come back. 

I didn't go that year but boy I heard about it.  It's too big for me now.  I liked it much better when it was smaller.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »

That Espgaluda cabinet! That would be so awesome to play the original arcade release.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 12:37:10 PM »

Officially got my tickets for this year.  Going to be the first time going since pre-pandemic so I'm looking forward to it!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length