RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:05:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Limited Run and other limited run publishers :!worldwide or region release 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Limited Run and other limited run publishers :!worldwide or region release  (Read 7036 times)
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:30:08 AM »

As New Limited Run games have a us age rating and the boxes state for licensed for use in the Americas I think we should put them under North America and no longer under world. For the games without rating I think world would be ok. Same should go for other limited editions like Play-Asia, Super Rare, Special Reserve and Strictly Limited. I think if it has an age rating it should be for that region. Only games with no rating should be considered worldwide releases.

What do other users think about this.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »

This was addressed in the last news update on the front page actually.

A note on submitting releases from small publishers like Limited Run Games and Eastasiasoft (Play-Asia releases): Be sure to select the correct region on submission. From now on, Limited Run Games submissions will need to be submitted as North American releases, and Eastasiasoft as Asia. If you feel a release warrants special exception, please contact database staff with your rationale. Submissions with the incorrect region may be rejected.

Since then, any new ones have been submitted with the correct region.  I'm not sure if anyone is going to go back and change to older releases.

sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 01:23:53 AM »

Missed that one and Winjammers is still listed as world for both Vita and PS4
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 10:58:24 AM »

Windjammers was entered before this announcement was made so it was submitted as a region-free game.  If you want it changed, maybe post something in the "Regions to be fixed" thread and a DB editor can look at it.  Like I said, I'm not sure if there is a plan to go back and retroactively fix the previous entries.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length