RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:42:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Separate Console For PSVR 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Separate Console For PSVR  (Read 13830 times)
Misto
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« on: March 27, 2018, 04:49:43 PM »

I was thinking about this recently.  I think it would be nice to have PSVR releases under its own category instead of under PS4. 

It would be easier to find only VR releases for one, and these games don't quite work without the headset even though they are technically PS4 releases.
It kinda reminds me of extensions similar to Sega 32X or CD, which have their own section in the database, so why not PSVR?

I see it making sense either way, but having the ability to search for only VR releases is a huge reason to have them separate.

Thoughts?
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 12:26:29 PM »

What about the releases that are PSVR optional?  There's games that have a VR mode but you do not require PSVR to play them.

Misto
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 04:49:03 PM »

Sadly it doesn't seem the site is quite setup to support this.  But looking at - for example - Fahrenheit.  It was one of the Sega 32X/CD releases.  Its in the database under both Sega CD and Sega 32X.

I would say if its optional it could go under PS4 or both.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:01:31 AM »

Sadly it doesn't seem the site is quite setup to support this.  But looking at - for example - Fahrenheit.  It was one of the Sega 32X/CD releases.  Its in the database under both Sega CD and Sega 32X.

That's a little different as the game came with both discs, both a 32x disc and a Sega CD disc.  So someone could technically have only one of the discs in their collection.  PS4 / PSVR is always on the same disc so it truly would be a duplicate entry. 

Having said that, they could maybe add an additional field to mark it as a PSVR game.  Like when you select a region, then it gives you an additional region field to be more specific, maybe they could do PS4, they an option to also mark it as PSRV.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 03:10:32 PM »

I think there's quite a few extra fields that could be added to games (often console specific) and this could be one of those. Other examples would be motion control, smart phone control. Obviously theres some overlap here with the controller field but it would be could if these were searchable options.

So if I pick PS4 for example in the search screen, I get tick boxes pop up to filer by VR, smart phone control, motion control and so on
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 12:12:05 PM »

That's a little different as the game came with both discs, both a 32x disc and a Sega CD disc.  So someone could technically have only one of the discs in their collection.  PS4 / PSVR is always on the same disc so it truly would be a duplicate entry. 

Having said that, they could maybe add an additional field to mark it as a PSVR game.  Like when you select a region, then it gives you an additional region field to be more specific, maybe they could do PS4, they an option to also mark it as PSRV.

Sorry for the late reply, but Fahrenheit is a 2-discgame. You can’t use the 32X cd without the Sega-CD. You need to start the Sega-Cd and when the system detects a 32X it asks for disc 2. Even the pal version asks for disc 2, eveb though there is no pal 32x cd. To run the game on a unmodified pal-system you need to remove your 32X
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 06:24:12 AM »

Why not in the controll scheme add PSVR ??

I think you cannot separate this way for searching porpuses, but could indicate its a PSVR game...
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 03:27:21 PM »

Why not in the controll scheme add PSVR ??

I think you cannot separate this way for searching porpuses, but could indicate its a PSVR game...

I second this!
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 09:26:41 PM »

PSVR should be in the control scheme as we've been doing since the start. Making more fields searchable is a feature that's been noted for the future when we get site coders, so you'll have to wait a while to pull up a list of PSVR compatible games using the site.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »

PSVR should be in the control scheme as we've been doing since the start. Making more fields searchable is a feature that's been noted for the future when we get site coders, so you'll have to wait a while to pull up a list of PSVR compatible games using the site.

This is what I really would like to see, more searchable fields.  Being able to search by a publisher or developer would be awesome.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:29 PM »

I'd love to do more, and we do have a to do list. Unfortunately, no web coder on staff at the moment. Happy to listen if anyone has the chops and wants to volunteer!

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »

I'd love to do more, and we do have a to do list. Unfortunately, no web coder on staff at the moment. Happy to listen if anyone has the chops and wants to volunteer!

Maybe post a "Wanted: Web Coder" post on the front page? 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length