RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:22:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Open source programs for alternative use. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Open source programs for alternative use.  (Read 3657 times)
Azervux
N-Gage

Stats
« on: January 25, 2019, 01:53:50 PM »

I was wondering if anyone here uses any open source programs for their daily use or activities rather than using a commercial product, like using LibreOffice instead of Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
I am asking this question mostly out of curiousity and also because due to my PC not having all the requires work-related programs, in addition to some programs crashing constantly.
Recently I had to install DigiKam to view and edit photos, due to the Windows Photo Editor malfunctioning resulting in constant crashes whenever trying to use the program and LibreOffice for school and work related projects as well as trying to view and edit certain file types.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 11:06:43 AM »

As much as possible. Because I don't like paying for software and I also don't like pirating software. What do you need?
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 03:24:35 PM »

All the time. I primarily use Linux at home and prefer open source products whenever possible.

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »

I use Open Office for Word and Excel. But I learned how to use PhotoShop in school and like to use it. But I have a pretty old version of it, that thankfully works on Windows 10. Thats pretty much the only thing I have not liked the open source programs on (don't like GIMP), anything else I have pretty much is.  I admit I have pirated video editing software. I do not make money using it (as in making money on Youtube or anything). So I am bad but I do not use it for profit either.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length