RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:33:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Fantasy Football 2018 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2018  (Read 29122 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 06:03:57 PM »

I'm on a 9 game winning streak, wow.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »

Championship game was pretty close, but I still got one player left. Smiley

* 2018 championship game.PNG (246.32 KB, 1060x754 - viewed 907 times.)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 08:02:05 PM »

I was concerned my season was about to derail when Kareem Hunt was placed on the inactive list after his incident, seeing he was one of my best players. Just noticed I still have him on my bench.

That said i was lucky with my WR squad this year. Antonio Brown and Adam Thielen together is pretty sweet. Robert Woods has been solid too. Not many TD's but so far 1100+ yards is nothing to complain about. I also had George Kittle at TE, who was arguably one of the best TE's this season. Only Travis Kelcey was better than Kittle this season. But that shouldn't surprise considering Kittle has nobodies throwing to him, and Kelcey has Mahomes.

Also grabbed the most wins and most consecutive wins in the league. I assume if this week's game finalizes the below figures will +1. If I remember correctly I only lost in week 2, so to better these records would mean to lose in week 1, then never again all season. Or simply win every game of the season for a perfect 16 win season.

* RFG_league_wins_record.PNG (13.31 KB, 773x348 - viewed 893 times.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:04:06 PM by Sirgin » Logged
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 08:50:49 PM »

Congratulations Sirgin!  Really thought I had this in the bag up until late in the 3rd quarter of the Steelers - Saints game, but then AB decided to have a career day and blow me out of the water.  Evan Engram was robbed of a TD (he totally crossed the goal line), but that still wouldn't have been enough for me to win.  I've been pretty good about minimizing mistakes this year, but this week I dropped Justin Tucker for Ka'imi Fairbairn for some reason which cost me 6 points.  I think I did pretty well overall considering my first two picks this year (David Johnson and Leonard Fournette) were essentially busts, so I can't be too mad that I lost to the first overall seed.

Looking forward to next year!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 09:08:57 PM »

Congratulations Sirgin!

Thanks!

To be fair, there's always a great deal of luck involved when playing fantasy football. AB did indeed have his best game of the season (30 points!), so it's all relative.

That said I still have some ways to go to reach yours and Firebreathing Duckies level of swapping players in between weeks to maximize points. If you look here, you made 33 and 42 moves respectively, whereas I only made 12. Both of you scored around 1440 points (I believe this is throughout the "regular" season, not counting the "playoff" FF season), whereas I only scored 1350. Just noticed I have least points against. I remember from previous years this is often the case for the 1st seed. It's strange despite all variables how the 1st seed often is the person who got the least points scored against...

* 2018_rfg_ff_standings.PNG (35.2 KB, 670x498 - viewed 1209 times.)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 09:11:48 PM »

Just checked the league records again, and as expected the final game also counts towards these totals. I suspect these will be hard to bring down...

* RFG_league_wins_record_final.PNG (9.17 KB, 767x227 - viewed 850 times.)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »

1 loss is impressive no matter what - Duckies and I both scored around 1440 points and still lost 4 games.  I don't think we're beating 15 wins any time soon!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 01:06:58 PM »

I didn't do as bad as last year, so I am proud of that. The loss and demise of A.J. Green killed my season. He was pretty much carrying my team.

I actually can't believe I came in 4th with the amount of losses I had at the end of the season.

Great time playing and I will see ya'll next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »

Congrats Sirgin on being such as badass when it comes to winning, regardless of it being luck or skill.

And heres to my Seahawks somehow finding a way to make it into the postseason after losing so many pieces through retirement,FA and injury. These young guys have proven their worth so far and Wilson has showed hes far from done proving haters wrong again.

And heres to hoping even if the Hawks don't win, don't let it be the Pats or Cowpies. And don't let the Squealers sneak in, let it be the Ravens.

As for 3-10 for me, I didn't even pick players myself. I didn't even realize I was in this again. But at least the computer gave me some guys that won 3 games! Better than the 2017 Browns! And 2016 Browns for that matter! (I am the Witch Doctor's)

Hopefully next year I will remember to be there to maybe make some of my own picks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:15:22 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »

As for 3-10 for me, I didn't even pick players myself.

Actually, in the past 6(?) years I've played FF, I never managed to pick players myself, because the draft is scheduled at an inconvenient time for me as I'm in Europe. I don't even change the default draft order as I don't pretend to know better than the people who set that up.

Biggest deal is to be somewhat lucky when it comes to injuries and obviously optimizing your lineup week to week.
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2018, 02:24:01 AM »

As for 3-10 for me, I didn't even pick players myself.

Actually, in the past 6(?) years I've played FF, I never managed to pick players myself, because the draft is scheduled at an inconvenient time for me as I'm in Europe. I don't even change the default draft order as I don't pretend to know better than the people who set that up.

Biggest deal is to be somewhat lucky when it comes to injuries and obviously optimizing your lineup week to week.

I actually was there to pick last year, but I didn't pick well myself anyway, they were big names but many of them got hurt. None of us can predict that (for most guys, some guys are known to get hurt a lot and to avoid sometimes, like Andrew Luck,Rodgers and Gronk).

But I hadn't even came on this site most the summer so I forgot about it, plus its linked to an email I don't look at as much on Yahoo. My main email is on Gmail.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length