RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:01:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | RF Generation NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge!  (Read 15788 times)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« on: March 19, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »

Hey everyone! I created a group for doing NCAA brackets for this year. If anyone is interested, click here!

https://tournament.fantas...3cd6a42ad&soc_trk=lnk

If it asks for a password, it is doubledribble.

Post a reply if you get signed up!

The play-in games start tonight, March 19, but the rest of the tournament starts March 21, so... here comes the tip! Annnnnnnnnd BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Players
bickman2k
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 12:05:24 PM by bickman2k » Logged

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 04:45:27 PM »

Mmmkay. Its hard to do this and not be biased though, after all I am a big Gonzaga fan, they are pretty much my cities NBA team. I was a bit surprised they were given the #1 though, I figured losing the WCC Tournament Championship game would drop them to #2. Heres to them not embarrassing themselves as the #1. They made it to the Championship Game as a #1 though, so heres to recapturing that magic, lightning in a bottle. The Slipper Still Fits!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:48:40 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:37 AM »

Mmmkay. Its hard to do this and not be biased though, after all I am a big Gonzaga fan, they are pretty much my cities NBA team. I was a bit surprised they were given the #1 though, I figured losing the WCC Tournament Championship game would drop them to #2. Heres to them not embarrassing themselves as the #1. They made it to the Championship Game as a #1 though, so heres to recapturing that magic, lightning in a bottle. The Slipper Still Fits!

I completely understand. KU fan here. Even though they have had troubles this year, in previous years, it's been tough to not pick them to go deep or win it...

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 08:09:13 AM »

Well it sucks they lost, but at least it was to a team that hasn't been to the Final 4 before. I am proud of them, and I consider getting to the Elite 8 to be representing the #1 Seed well and not an embarrassing loss, because it was also a close game to a #3 which is not by any means a huge upset seeding wise. But I am very happy Dook lost (I saw some North Carolina fans calling them this on a sports forum). And Kentucky. I am happy its mostly teams we don't see get this far normally. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing any of them win even, I guess I will root for TTech and Auburn, but I wouldn't mind Virginia either, and Michigan State at least isn't Dook or North Carolina or Kentucky!

Virginia though is interesting, going from the first #1 to lose to 1 16 to the final four in one season. Every year is different! Virginia does have a connection to my area to right now as their coach was Washington State's before he took the VA job. So I wouldn't mind seeing him win, the last time they were any good was with him. He is the one that recruited Klay Thompson! So theres that, and I do cheer for WSU too when they don't interfere with Gonzaga. But I still would rather see someone most people unexpected win like Tech because that is always fun too.

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 08:49:22 AM »

I would normally root for Michigan State at this point in the game, but I gotta go with the Big 12 and root for Texas Tech now.

Virginia is an interesting story, like you said, to go from first to lose to a 16 to a Final Four in a year.

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 11:46:17 AM »

At least someone new won it, thats why I didn't care who won the game really. But I thinks its a cool story that the first 1 to lose to a 16 wins the whole thing one year later. This is going to be turned into some books and TV specials like ESPN 30 for 30 for sure. No matter how you feel about the calls that were given or blown at the end of the VA-AUB game I take solace in at least VA had never won it all either and it wasn't a mistake sending Duke of North Carolina or the like to their umteenth championship. And at least Gonzaga go to the Elite 8 and lost to the runner-up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length