RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:39:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | May 2019 Playthrough - Detroit: Become Human 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: May 2019 Playthrough - Detroit: Become Human  (Read 18423 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 06:51:53 AM »

Had an awesome play yesterday. I'm on the controller this time with my wife adding input into encounters whenever possible. As we start each chapter and are familiar with it we are planning our route both by how we want to see the character progress as well as checking the flowchart to see if there are any branches we missed that may be in line with what we have in mind. Kara shot Todd dead after a short struggle which was had me worried for a while that Alice might have picked up the gun and used it to save us. Was glad it was Kara in the end though. Markus pushed Leo to death which definitely was a surprise to both of us we just meant to get him to stop being an ass. Bright side there was that Carl seems to be alive and well. Had Connor get a confession from the Deviant in the stabbing murder and then chose not to intervene and let him shoot himself as he watched.

During my first play and my wife's play the part with Kara and Alice looking for a place to stay we ended up staying in the abandoned house and car respectively. This time we kept with the "do anything to keep Alice safe" mentality and stole clothes from the laundry mat, robbed the convenience store at gunpoint and then had a super comfy/dry/warm sleep in the Motel together. It was stressful, but with a good pay off I think. Kind of curious to know if the robbery could have went off the rails if we had made other decisions. Everything today was pretty dark, but very interesting. Ended with Markus at the dump site in need of repair. Probably wont get to play today, but can likely pick it up tomorrow.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 06:20:15 AM »

Had so much fun with this today. Connor has caught and either killed or somewhat participated in the suicide of every single deviant he's met up to this point. During the chase with Rupert it was really funny to leave Hank hanging off the side of the building so that I could catch the Rupert. And at the sex club straight up murdered one of the girls that lead the other to grab his gun and kill herself. He's so heartless and Hank hates his guts, but they still have some really funny moments together regardless of that.

Markus is so serious and dark this time whereas previously he always felt like kind of tragic and like he wanted to do the right thing, but didn't always know what that was. This play he seems very sure of himself and willing to make tough decisions. We were able to steal the truck full of spare parts at the Cyberlife warehouse instead of just filling our backpacks which is something I hadn't seen in the previous 2 plays of the game. We knocked the guards out at the station, but when the one guy tried to run off and we were scared he would alert the guards Markus didn't hesitate to shoot him in the back to delay the guards arrival. We were both worried that was a mistake, but then the guards didn't arrive until all 4 of us who infiltrated the station were able to escape. Both previous plays Simon got injured and left behind so this is new and exciting.

Kara escaped Zlatko this time and we recruited Luther to help us escape the country. Had the nice little moment at the Amusement Park with all the Jerrys. Playing the way we are was pretty interesting during the scene the morning after Kara and Alice stayed at the hotel. I screwed up avoiding the cops and Connor started chasing us and it was switching back control of Kara and Connor. I paused for a sec to think it through and talk to my wife. We are playing Connor as ruthless and efficient so I didn't want to screw up the chase and let them escape, but we also want a happier ending for Alice and Kara so we couldn't let Connor catch us either. There was some real tension during the chase because both outcomes were in direct conflict. I ended up hitting every prompt with both characters during that scene and Kara got away to the train, but it was fairly suspenseful.

Pretty curious to get to the Kamski scene because both plays I wasn't able to pull the trigger on Chloe and I'm sure there is some interesting stuff locked behind that decision.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 09:00:11 AM »

I'm interested in hearing about the ending each character got in your playthroughs. Here's mine:

Spoiler (hover to show)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2019, 10:00:06 AM »

Alright, here we go..........

Spoiler (hover to show)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »

Over the last couple days we jumped back to the Kamsi test scene and picked up the game from that point again and then messed around with some of the alternate choices in the game beyond that point. I'm really glad we went with Connor as a cold, dead machine. Thanks for that suggestions Pam because he gets some very cool late game scenes that I never would have guessed. There is a scene where he is trying to stop Markus with a sniper rifle on the top of a building during his protest and then the same SWAT team he encountered at the opening mission of the game confronts him and both options to deal with them are incredible. His interactions with everyone are so T-1000 it's incredible, but especially when he is talking to Hank and Markus it's truly special.

Markus's stuff plays out fairly predictably, but that's not a slight against it. One of our plays we went peaceful at the very end even though we had violent tendencies in prior scenes and it made for a pretty awesome end with him and North kissing while facing a firing squad. The aftermath was he and all the androids that attacked the 5 camps were eradicated and some of the camps had started exterminating androids already. Because of the media presence the people were feeling pretty conflicted about killing us as we "might actually be able to think and feel" so the president ordered the extermination camps to stop immediately so they could do more research into if androids are "alive". There was also a really cool scene with Perkins (the FBI Agent) and Markus exchanging words privately before the firing squad did it's thing.

Speaking of the extermination camps, holy crap did Kara's story take some crazy turns! We really wanted to see if there was and ending that involved Luther making it out with Kara and Alice and we got that, but it was a super uncomfortable scene. In Jericho during the FBI raid if you choose to save Luther after he gets shot he'll hang back and you have to go on without him. Right as you're trying to leave the ship Kara and Alice get in the middle of a wave of agents and Androids. There are a bunch of ways to play this out, but we surrendered this time which I'd never tried before (this is where my first play ended with Kara clutching Alice as they were gunned down). Surrendering had them take us to the extermination camp and live through it on the inside. It was awful in the way it was supposed to be awful. They have every Android turn off their skin and strip off all of their cloths and then get rounded up into big pens. Alice and Kara get split into separate pens. Every few minutes they grab a group out of each pen and move them into the next area where they line up to enter the killing chamber. It was very powerful being inside these cages, naked and with very limited options not just for survival, but in general. Was able to escape at with the help of the creepy Zlatko bots, and the Jerrys from the amusement park (presumably at the cost of their safety) and make it outside the camp. We hid in a dump truck full of dead Androids and got dumped together in the landfill. There is a really touching scene after all that where the 3 of them are finally able to reunite properly and show some affection for each other without an FBI agent ramming the butt of his gun in your head. Just seeing how happy each of them are as they embrace while still skinless, naked and surrounded by garbage and dead Androids made a big impression. Very powerful stuff.

The one thing we still want to try and figure out is what the magic stone does in the area where Connor meets with Amanda. We interacted with it a lot during are killer Connor plays, but it didn't do anything we are thinking he has to be deviant for it to pay off in some way. Anyone figure that part out?

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »

Here’s how my play through ended.

Spoiler (hover to show)

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 01:57:01 AM »

I believe my story was about the same as crabbies, but I gave the lost tickets back to the family with Kara, so we had to use the boat to sneak across and I lost the child to gunshot wounds.  Kara lived but Alice didn't make it.  Me and my wife was crying.

One question I have, did anyone make it out with Luther? He was shot and killed at Jericho with our playthrough.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2019, 03:05:01 AM »

Was watching a terrible netflix RomCom with my wife called Naked yesterday. Late in the movie there was a woman playing a prostitute that we were both looking at going "why do we know her?". It was North! I've seen a bunch of stuff with Clancy Brown and Lance Henrikson, but it was cool to see another actor from this game even though it wasn't a great show.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »

North was also in Friday Night Lights, which is a good show (mostly).
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »

I believe my story was about the same as crabbies, but I gave the lost tickets back to the family with Kara, so we had to use the boat to sneak across and I lost the child to gunshot wounds.  Kara lived but Alice didn't make it.  Me and my wife was crying.

One question I have, did anyone make it out with Luther? He was shot and killed at Jericho with our playthrough.

I was able to make it to Canada with Luther, Kara, and Alice. My Luther did get shot while on Jericho, but I was able to rescue him from a firing squad when Kara and Alice were sneaking through the city to make it to the bus station.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2019, 02:10:11 PM »

Wow, I remember sneaking through the city, but never saw Luther...  That would have been cool

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2019, 06:02:16 PM »

Found an Android version of my wife. Lol

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »

Episode #62 - Detroit: Become Human drops tomorrow

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length