RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:49:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Barcode Sticker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Barcode Sticker  (Read 2664 times)
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 23, 2019, 03:20:44 PM »

I bought this new last year and was sort of annoyed by it then but I let it be and am coming back to it now. I don't care what version of a game I have pretty much as far as original release or Greatest Hits go as long as its pretty much the same game (ie: No added DLC, just a different box and no differences in the game). But this I don't get and don't like.

The game was sealed as new, but there is a sticker covering where the barcode should be. Taking the insert out confirms this, and the sticker is on there too good it would ruin it if you tore if off. I see nothing under the sticker using a flash light, like I can't see "Not For Resale" but maybe its there. I can see the official website for the game series under the sticker advertised though above the barcode area.

So is this a packaged deal where maybe the first,second and maybe third game came in and they broke them up individually (such as the GTA 3,Vice City and SA I have that say not for resale). But why bother putting a sticker on there, just to make sure some kind of not for resale police show up? Or it is a refurbished disc and box. Which the seller didn't say it was, most the time they admit it. As this was a "superstore" and not an individual.

And do I just put this as Resistance 2 Greatest Hits as my collection? Although the other thing is the UPC on this sticker is also not the same as the one on the normal versions of this games Greatest Hits.

Huh Undecided grrr

* Resis2Back.jpg (456.28 KB, 550x694 - viewed 425 times.)

* Resis2Front.jpg (398.03 KB, 550x693 - viewed 418 times.)

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 04:52:43 PM »

That UPC is from Vpr Matrix, Inc. a subsidiary of best buy, so maybe they just put it there for internal recording...

Cold be just a reseller sticker or so.

i would recomend to add was greatest hits version ( with original UPC, and notr the sticker UPC), and in comments add that information regarding the sticker, if you want.
RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »

Thanks for the input. I did indeed look the UPC up before and got at least one or two other hits so I knew mine wasn't the only copy floating around with this UPC. I guess the company I bought it from maybe bought/liquidated some Best Buy stock. They are a pretty large eBay seller based in the Minneapolis, MN area called Loot Hive so I figure they are likely into liquidating other companies stock.

PS: And and and behold! I looked up the Best Buy corporate HQ location..... Richfield, MN, yet another Twin Cities suburb. So they must have liquidated stock from the main Best Buy warehouse or something. But still odd, since I have got some games from BB before and they didn't have the stickers. I will add it as GH and put the note in there!

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »

Lol but now I see the other problem I had. We have no Resistance 2 Greatest Hits regular version in the DB. Just some special ones and one that says Not For Resale. I must have a NFR one after all.

RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »

I have found a copy that wasn't NFR. So we apparently need to add it since its not in the DB.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s...216_800x.JPG?v=1549654494

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length