RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:59:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Handhelds/Tabletops Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Handhelds/Tabletops Discussion  (Read 2780 times)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« on: July 26, 2019, 12:27:15 AM »

I feel like this warrants its own topic... there's a surprisingly deep rabbit hole of non-console electronic games and a lot of discussion to go with it. (that I'm obsessive enough to care about, anyway) But anyway, there's a couple things I'd like to ask...

The Mini-Classics series of handhelds have a number of Nintendo-licensed releases. The majority of them are straight up rereleases of Game & Watch titles like Parachute, Fire, Mario's Cement Factory, etc. How would y'all feel about moving these to the Game & Watch console? It was just a fleeting thought until I found out that Nintendo put out the Micro Vs series of handhelds in the 80s without any G&W branding on any of the packaging or units themselves, yet they're still in the DB as G&W titles.

Last year I was trying to add every Tamagotchi line and variant to the DB. It's got quite a storied lineup and earlier series have a metric ton of variants. I got to, I think, the second series but had to stop because there was a cap on the number of variants one can add to one title. (In the 70's I think) Is there any way to circumvent this? Possibly even add a "Bandai Tamagotchi" console type to the DB. I think it's warranted.

Finally, I was recently made aware that there's a couple of electronic tabletop pinball games in the DB under Standalone handhelds. I don't think it's accurate to call them that, and come to think of it, those rather bulky Coleco tabletops either. Instead of making a new console, what would you say to renaming "Stand-Alone handhelds" to "Stand-Alone Handhelds & Tabletops"?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 01:33:30 AM by Fleabitten » Logged
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:41:14 AM »

bump
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 04:41:15 AM »

I agree Mini-Classics could have a home in the Game & Watch console. Might upset people trying to collect the "proper" Game & Watches though. Maybe Mini Classics should be its own console?

I agree Tamagotchi should be its own console.

Should Tabletops not be its own console? If no then yes I agree with the name change.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length