RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #66 - RF Generation Playcast (Saints Row: The Third) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Episode #66 - RF Generation Playcast (Saints Row: The Third)  (Read 11822 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 05:00:41 PM »

Gotta disagree with you about "100% Fun" Shawn. Most people say "Girlfriend" is Matthew Sweet's best album, but it's too long, and starts to drag around the halfway mark. "100% Fun" by contrast, is much shorter, has good variety, and is a great listen from front to back. I've spun that one a ton over the years. Great album.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 06:09:34 AM »

Gotta disagree with you about "100% Fun" Shawn. Most people say "Girlfriend" is Matthew Sweet's best album, but it's too long, and starts to drag around the halfway mark. "100% Fun" by contrast, is much shorter, has good variety, and is a great listen from front to back. I've spun that one a ton over the years. Great album.

Homie, I love that you commented on this. Reviewing dozens of albums for this segment, I came upon 100% Fun and was like "man I used to love that album" and assumed it had aged poorly just because of my perception now that Matthew Sweet is kind of lame and generic in general. I went back and took a fresh listen to 100% Fun and I do agree that it is a strong power pop album. I agree that it is superior to Girlfriend and I have always felt that way. I don't think I will ever listen to this album regularly like I did back in highschool, but it is indeed better than I remember. Sick of Myself, Come to Love and Super Baby are my favorite tracks.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 05:17:17 PM »

Super Baby is such a fun song. I'm also partial to Smog Moon, Everything Change, and I Almost Forgot, as well as the tracks you mentioned. And We're the Same gets stuck in my head frequently.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length