RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:11:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | My house has burned down. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My house has burned down.  (Read 5155 times)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« on: March 22, 2022, 07:05:54 PM »

On Thursday March 17th, I was watching TV with my family when smoke was smelled in the house.  I went looking for where it was coming from and found my bedroom on fire.  I ran for the fire extinguisher but it had gotten too out of control by the time I got back.  Every person in the house got out safe, but we lost several animals.  The entire house was destroyed. Most of my collection had been packed up in a different building, but my switch, Skyward Sword JoyCons, and my games were destroyed.  I am very lucky that we are safe.  Our friends have set us up a GoFundMe to help with hotel and expenses that we have now.  Even if you aren't able to donate I would appreciate people sharing this around. Thank you all. 

https://www.gofundme.com/...l&utm_source=customer
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 09:16:55 PM »

Prayers for your struggle and loss, and please reach out if I can help in any way (in addition to donating.)

Keelah se'lai
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 08:59:13 AM »

Sorry to hear this, Wempster! Happy to help out however I can, and I'll be sure to share the GFM on my social media accounts. Glad you and your family are all safe.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 07:54:39 PM »

So sorry to hear this, Wempster.  I'l spread the Go Fund Me.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 05:42:06 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Its tragic to hear about the pets and loss of personal belongings but good to hear you and family made it out.

I had to make a donation after hearing this. Wishing you the best moving forward after this event.
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 10:30:32 PM »

Thank you everyone for the kind words.  It's still a struggle but we're getting through it.  An amazing friend from Tampa had donated his switch to me because he barely plays it anymore. The small stack of games that came with it actually included 3 that I had lost, (Botw, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and Link's Awakening) so I'm on my way to getting things back.  Thanks again to everyone who has helped.  It means so much to me. 
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 10:25:14 PM »

I'm so glad your family is safe. That sounds like a nightmare. Sorry to hear you lost some animals in this tragedy. Hope you've got some friends and family around to assist you guys while you get back on your feet

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length