RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:31:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November 2019 Shmup Club - Tiger-Heli 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: November 2019 Shmup Club - Tiger-Heli  (Read 13924 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »

Monster score! I managed to loop the NES version, but that's quite an achievement. No way I'm catching up with that before the end of the month Cheesy

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 08:01:48 AM »

Monster score! I managed to loop the NES version, but that's quite an achievement. No way I'm catching up with that before the end of the month Cheesy

Thanks! Smiley

I don't think i will find the time to play another run the next two days, so here are some final thoughts about the game:

This was the first time i played Tiger Heli, but i played the successor (Kyuukyoku Tiger) and some other Toaplan games before, so playing it felt a little familiar  from the beginning.

Even though it has some serious technical issues such as the sprite flickering and constant artifacts from scrolling at the top of the screen (plus the PAL-bars and slowness, in my case), i really had a good time playing the game. I never played the arcade version, so i can't tell if it's a good port (guess not) but it's fun anyway.

The lack of bosses sometimes makes it hard to tell in which stage/section you are and in the later stages the bullets are very fast and dodging is pretty tricky because of the sprite flickering.

After all Tiger Heli is a fun game and i will most likely return to it sometime.

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2019, 05:40:07 PM »

Forgot to post my most recent score on the arcade version! 191,680 points.

If anyone has any other final thoughts or scores to post, please do so quickly! We'll be recording the podcast episode in a few hours, and I'd like to make sure we include everything.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 01:51:04 PM »

Had an extremely busy 2nd half of November, so wasn't able to put as much time into Tiger Heli as I had hoped. Definitely recommendable to pick up for its current price (got mine for $5), but it also shows its age at times, as some of its ideas have been improved upon as the genre has progressed. One element that I started to really appreciate was the auto-bomb, and that the game encourages you to save bombs, as there isn't any areas that their use is 'required'.

Fun for a quick occasional play, but I never got drawn in, have to play again to get a little further, the way I did with Strikers and Gradius III earlier in the year.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length