RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:18:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Multi-game box set question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Multi-game box set question  (Read 5352 times)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« on: April 05, 2021, 07:34:14 PM »

As many of you may be aware, Retro-Bit recently did reissues of classic Toaplan shooters for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. Each was sold individually, but they were also sold as a set. I seems they haven't made their way to the database yet, either because they've been submitted but not approved, or haven't been submitted. My question is this: is there a precedent for these types of collections, that have multiple individual games from the same publisher, but all packaged together in a set? And has there been submissions for these titles yet? If not, I'm happy to take pics and get it submitted, but before I go to the trouble, I want to make sure I know whether or not to take pictures of the outer box and extra stuff. Thanks!

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 03:21:04 AM »

If they were sold as a set and individually then it’s eligible for multiple entries in the database.

In fact we add stuff from boxsets even if not sold individually if it’s got it’s own case (ie not just a disc) and if it’s clearly marked. Reason being it’s quite common for that kind of stuff to get split up
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 08:02:57 AM »

The Annapurna Interactive boxset is a great example of this.  Check the entry below.  There should be an entry for the box set and 1 for each of the individual games then they should be linked via Related games.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-215-S-15370-A

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 09:15:57 AM »

Okay, great - thanks for the clarification, both of you! Yes, each game has it's own plastic clamshell case & slipcover, individual manuals, and extra goodies inside. The individual releases appear to have everything the boxset has, other than the outer box to fit all 4 games in, the CATS pin that comes with the set, and a signed thank you card from 2 former Toaplan staff. Looks like I have some work ahead of me!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length