RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July 2021 Playthrough - Skyblazer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: July 2021 Playthrough - Skyblazer  (Read 6046 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 08:15:55 AM »

QUESTION OF THE MONTH!

This month's question is inspired by the #concertcast for our upcoming recording:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAK-UP SONG?

Answer by Saturday and
@thesinglebanana
 and I will read your answer on the show!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 06:47:05 AM »

I'm late to this playthrough, knowing it's kind of short game I was holding off until we were closer to recording, which is now scheduled for this weekend.

This morning I did the ice level and the water level. I had a real hard time with the second boss (the rolling eye thing) but enjoyed the ice wall and the fish boss, though I really cheesed the fish boss.

I ground out 99 lives in the tower level and am using save states, but I'm going to beat the game without any other cheats. Castlevania IV is one of my favorite games on the SNES, and this game is reminding me of it in a lot of ways. Also kind of reminiscent of Axiom Verge where you slowly gain abilities as you beat the levels.

I like this one way more than I thought I would so far.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2021, 09:22:05 AM »

The ice wall was always one of my favorite bosses from the game, but the fish boss was always one of my least favorites. Kinda surprised to hear you enjoyed that one. I really like that most of the bosses can feel very difficult at first but become trivially easy once you figure out their patterns. Makes it very satisfying to learn the fights and take them down.

Yeah, it's really nice that the game is so generous with extra lives and makes it easy to farm them. It's a good idea to have plenty going into the final stage so you don't have to repeat the entire thing after blowing through all your lives on the final boss.

Glad to hear you're enjoying this one!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length