RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:38:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shmup Club August 2022 - Raiden IV (Summer Of Raiden) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shmup Club August 2022 - Raiden IV (Summer Of Raiden)  (Read 11028 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2022, 12:30:49 PM »

Thank you both Geriatric.Danmaku and Christapp76 for your final thoughts! I will heartily agree with you Geriatric.Danmaku about doing what you can to stay in the game. I'm learning that at this point, shmups are as much about memorization and learning proper execution as they are about actually dodging and having that twitch movement skill. But there's still room for the latter to a degree. I made the point on the Raiden Fighters podcast episode that I need to start playing every day. Even if it's only 15-20 minutes I can spare, I need to play a game each day and keep myself sharp, and keep the game I'm focusing on more top of mind. The longer I go between play sessions, the worse I seem to do, and it just compounds the frustration.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2022, 11:07:44 AM »

We're recording again soon, so here's the question of the month:
What game do you find very difficult to the point of frustration, but you still feel compelled to keep playing?

FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2022, 05:36:22 PM »

My apologies for my communication dropping off in the 2nd half of the month. I know I missed the podcast, but for posterity thought I'd finally add my thoughts.
I really never got through the boss of Stage 3 on the first credit, my best score was around 14mil. I did a bit of practicing on it, but it's a lengthy boss and I never got it perfected. Not too surprising that Raiden IV felt a lot like the first Raiden given the mainline naming, but I didn't get bored of the first stage as much as I did with the original Raiden. But they both felt pretty narrow in terms of routing options.

In terms of the Summer of Raiden on a whole, I really enjoyed the theme, and really loved Raiden Fighters. I've heard the sequels are even better, so I'm interested in getting to Fighters II or Jet sometime.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 10:37:44 PM »

My apologies for my communication dropping off in the 2nd half of the month. I know I missed the podcast, but for posterity thought I'd finally add my thoughts.
I really never got through the boss of Stage 3 on the first credit, my best score was around 14mil. I did a bit of practicing on it, but it's a lengthy boss and I never got it perfected. Not too surprising that Raiden IV felt a lot like the first Raiden given the mainline naming, but I didn't get bored of the first stage as much as I did with the original Raiden. But they both felt pretty narrow in terms of routing options.

In terms of the Summer of Raiden on a whole, I really enjoyed the theme, and really loved Raiden Fighters. I've heard the sequels are even better, so I'm interested in getting to Fighters II or Jet sometime.

You definitely missed getting in for the podcast, but thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway! I slept on Raiden Fighters WAY too long, so we'll have to try and squeeze one of the other Fighters games in sooner rather than later. And don't worry about dropping off - this is all about playing as much as you can or want to, and however/whenever you can participate is great. We're all busy adults with full lives, so it's not always possible to join in, or even participate much when we do.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length