RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:49:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NHL Lockout over?? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NHL Lockout over??  (Read 5392 times)
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 02:07:33 PM »

BELFAST (CP) - Theo Fleury joined the Belfast Giants in what the team was touting as one of the biggest signings in British hockey history.

The former Calgary Flames star had been waiting for a British work permit, and finally got the green light to play for Belfast on Tuesday.

That is hilarious, the British league SUCKS.

Me vs Gretzky
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 08:21:09 AM »

Wow, I can't imagine someone wanting to play for the British league instead of some of the more prominent leagues.  But hey, whatever floats his boat.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 10:57:02 AM »

it's probably the only league that will let him play drunk.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 05:34:53 PM »

it's probably the only league that will let him play drunk.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 10:05:02 AM »

Well... I'm quite shocked by the amount of press the Penguins have been getting recently. After being dead-beats for at least the last 2 seasons, it's absolutely insane at the moment.

The only thing is, I'm an Aston Villa supporter in football (soccer). We signed a load of really good players before this season and we're currently having our worst start in the Premiership ever. I can't help having a niggling feeling that the same is gonna happen to the Pens (despite doing ok in the pre-season).

Me vs Gretzky
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 06:47:48 PM »

0-3-4 so far, I knew it! Only team in the NHL not to win a game yet.

Me vs Gretzky
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 11:17:08 PM »

0-3-4 so far, I knew it! Only team in the NHL not to win a game yet.

How the hell is that happening?

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 07:29:31 PM »

They seem to be letting in a lot more than they are scoring, despite scoring quite a few (and no I'm not being funny Tongue)

Me vs Gretzky
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 06:31:08 PM »

That would do it.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 06:50:06 AM »

so the NHL now has a shootout to decide ties yet teams still get a point if they are tied at the end of regulation. why is this? so the if you win the shootout you get a win but not a loss if you lose it?

Pittsburgh has yet to win a game yet they have 4 points.

the Wings are 8-1.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 06:58:22 AM »

from the NHL rulebook:

(NEW for 2005-06) During regular season games, if the game remains tied at the end of the five (5) minute overtime period, the teams will proceed to a shootout. The rules governing the shootout shall be the same as those listed under Rule 30 - Penalty Shot.
(NOTE1) The Teams will not change ends for the shootout. The visiting Team will shoot first. The teams shall alternate shots.

(NOTE 2) Three (3) players from each team shall participate in the shootout and they shall proceed in such order as the Coach selects. All players are eligible to participate in the shootout unless they are serving a ten minute misconduct or have been assessed a game misconduct, gross misconduct or match penalty.

(NOTE 3) Once the shootout begins, the goalkeeper cannot be replaced unless he is injured. No warm up shall be permitted for a substitute goalkeeper.

(NOTE 4) Each team will be given three shots, unless the outcome is determined earlier in the shootout. After each team has taken three shots, if the score remains tied, the shootout will proceed to a "sudden death" format. No player may shoot twice until everyone who is eligible has shot.

(NOTE 5) Regardless of the number of goals scored during the shootout portion of overtime, the final score recorded for the game will give the winning team one more goal than its opponent, based on the score at the end of overtime.

(NOTE 6) The losing goalkeeper will not be charged with the extra goal against. The player scoring the game winning goal in the shootout will not be credited with a goal scored in his personal statistics.

(NOTE 7) If a team declines to participate in the shootout procedure the game will be declared as a shootout loss for that team. If a team declines to take a shot it will be declared as "no goal".

Special conditions for the duration and number of periods of playoff games shall be arranged by the Board of Governors.

check point 6. the goalies aren't given goals aginst in a shootout and goals scored don't count in your stats. what is the purpose of this shootout?

I don't get it.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 08:37:31 AM »

The only point is for the fans. I would rather see a shoot out then a lame ass tie.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 09:53:52 AM »

true but shouldn't the shootout decide the game? why still have an OT slot in the standings? if the purpose of the shootout was to eliminate ties. only win's and losses should be in the standings. a team either win's or it loses, whether it happened in regulation, overtime or a shootout shouldn't matter.

The reason the NHL awarded a point to both teams after regulation in the event of a tie was to hopefully have them go for win in OT. The number of ties the league used to have suggested teams would just play overtime safe to salvage the one point.  The NHL's reasoning was that if both teams were gauranteed 1 point they'd go after the win to get the second point and not settle for a tie. If we have a shootout now to decide ties why are they still awarding one point to both teams when tied after regulaton?

so Pittsburgh had 4 points but no wins. makes no sense to me.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 02:50:58 PM »

true but shouldn't the shootout decide the game? why still have an OT slot in the standings? if the purpose of the shootout was to eliminate ties. only win's and losses should be in the standings. a team either win's or it loses, whether it happened in regulation, overtime or a shootout shouldn't matter.

The reason the NHL awarded a point to both teams after regulation in the event of a tie was to hopefully have them go for win in OT. The number of ties the league used to have suggested teams would just play overtime safe to salvage the one point.  The NHL's reasoning was that if both teams were gauranteed 1 point they'd go after the win to get the second point and not settle for a tie. If we have a shootout now to decide ties why are they still awarding one point to both teams when tied after regulaton?

so Pittsburgh had 4 points but no wins. makes no sense to me.

I do agree with that. Isnt there 4 number in the the hockey standing? Like 4-1-1-0? I never did understand that..

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 06:08:34 AM »

they has 4 before they added the shootout. now it's 3 agin with the third being the OT.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length