RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:26:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Donations? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Are you for or against permanant "donations" link for the website?
FOR
AGAINST
Don't care. I won't donate

Author Topic: Donations?  (Read 5923 times)
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 04:41:15 PM »

If you read the posts from Dave, Scott, and Eddie you will find out there is no plan (but lots of discussion from others) to have people donate now.  But stay tune for this:

...the donation button will likely appear in September, and will disappear once we have raised enough money to cover operating costs.

The only exception should be ganon, when ever we can get money from him we should Wink

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 06:30:32 PM »

lol

yea 2scoop it was just a topic for debate right now.

Nothing set up.

Glad to see your all for it though Smiley

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »

i was also thinking if we have some doubles of games we can sent them to one person who has a ebay account and we could raise money that way.

Tan
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 02:29:37 PM »

i was also thinking if we have some doubles of games we can sent them to one person who has a ebay account and we could raise money that way.

Realistically it'd be cheaper for save the money on shipping, sell them locally and donate the money. If you can't sell it locally there's a good chance no one on eBay wants it either.  Tongue
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »

Personally, I think that the donation button should be displayed at all times throughout the year.  One never knows when they might have the extra $ to donate - having it up year round does not limit you to obtaining operating costs via donations in a small window of time.  I agree that it is important for all members to know that the donations are not being used to fund the monthly staff poker night.  Here is an idea...

Is there a way that we could display a 'meter' of some sort to show the total operating expenses versus the total amount donated.  You know what I am referring to - like the standard thermometer type graphs used at school donation drives - only much more high-tech to match the feel of the site.  People could then see if money was needed - and would immediately see the impact of their donation on this meter.  A weekly or monthly news snippet could be added to the front page to recognize and thank their kindness and generosity.  Actual dollars should not be listed with the name - all are important an no one should feel bad about even giving a $1 - all donations are appreciated.

I do like the merchandising idea.  This can be done with $0 up front - we just have to find the right supplier with a variety of products to apply the RF logo.  You could set it up that for every X dollars donated they could get a coupon worth X % off a store item.  This would not cost RF anything, but the supplier of the products would have to be in agreement since they would be processing payment and the like.

I would be happy to partner with someone on this if everyone agrees that we should proceed.

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 08:54:54 AM »

I think I've mentioned this before, but here is a place for promotional items. I've got nothing to do with the site... just have seen it used alot. Tongue

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Tan
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 09:08:59 AM »

I think I've mentioned this before, but here is a place for promotional items. I've got nothing to do with the site... just have seen it used alot. Tongue

I've got items that were made by them, very nice quality. 6 years later I still have both the hat and the t-shirt I had gotten from a site that used them for merchandising.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 12:33:44 PM »

Realistically it'd be cheaper for save the money on shipping, sell them locally and donate the money. If you can't sell it locally there's a good chance no one on eBay wants it either.  Tongue

i never tried to sell my doubles locally, i keep everything. i just thought if people had no money to donate they could send in games for prizes. i understand shipping would kill everything, or we could scan the games make an rfgen ebay account and we could ship are own games instead of sending them somewhere else and rfgen keeps the profits and uses them to keep the site running strong.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »

We've researched it, I've looked at it, and I've consistently pushed this project back for other feature-filled projects.

We'll likely be revisiting the store topic rather soon.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length