RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:40:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Chasing baseball legends and STEROIDS!, (Bonds) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Chasing baseball legends and STEROIDS!, (Bonds)  (Read 15986 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2006, 08:40:59 AM »

I hate 'em all, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Giambi. Sure steroids are a part of the game, but they don't have to be. I personally just hate watching the powerhouse players. It seems like lately all baseball's been about is home runs and how many steroids the people who have been hitting them take. I say kick all the bastards out. I want to see players who can solidly knock in hits and then move fast enough to make 'em count. Players who play smart.

Now let's see...I hate intentional walks too. I also hate how much a hamburger costs at the stadium. And how they designed our latest stadium so that there are parts of the stands where you can't see the whole field. And how Pete Rose is still being shafted (admit him you bastards!).

I agree with what you said. But as long as people are being paid millions of dollars people will do whatever they can for an edge.  

Homeruns are what makes the highlight reel. So thats why baseball is all about homeruns now a days.  I think it is more impressive that someone hits .380 then 50 homeruns.

Make the picthers earn their paycheck. NO INTENTIONAL WALKS!!!! People hate Barry Bonds but they still pay to see him hit homeruns not be walked 3-4 times a game. Baseball is boring enough without crap like that.

If Pete Rose only knew that you could do drugs, kill a person, rape someone or do massive amounts of drugs and still be in the hall of fame I am sure he would not have bet on baseball..  Roll Eyes I agree he should be in the Hall.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2006, 08:41:11 AM »

If you did that you have no respect for the game and yourself.

[size=10]GO BONDS!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Maybe not, but I'd have half the country loving me for it. Most of America highly dislikes Barry.

I think it is funny people love MCGwire and Sosa yet hate Bonds. They all did steroids.

I don't like Mac or Sammy. I'm sure a lot more people dislike those two then you think.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2006, 08:47:03 AM »

People knew Mac was on "enhancers" when he and Sosa had their battle and they where still loved. I am sure now after all the stuff that has happened over the last year they are not liked as much.

I don't really l;ike any of the guys. I agree with you guys that Bonds is an ass. I just chimed in because the  Cry

laugh

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2006, 09:10:22 AM »

People knew Mac was on "enhancers" when he and Sosa had their battle and they where still loved. I am sure now after all the stuff that has happened over the last year they are not liked as much.

I don't really l;ike any of the guys. I agree with you guys that Bonds is an ass. I just chimed in because the  Cry

laugh

You chimed ion because your worse than Bonds you ass  Tongue

Seriously, I look back and I am not fond of what McGwire and Sosa did. The only thing that seperated Bonds from those guys was the fact that they werent assholes at the time.

Look, Bonds is going to pass Ruth and maybe even Aaron eventually. Just because I post about and dont like it, wont change a thing.

It does obviously give us these fun debates however  |D

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2006, 09:28:32 AM »

Bonds won't pass Aaron.  

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 08:12:56 AM »

I hate how radio and television ESPN channels break away from anything and everything for every at bat Angry

I was watching something and they broke away to see an at bat, and I must say that Bonds did not look like the typical Bonds I remember. He looked old and hurt.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2006, 06:47:53 AM »

He recently said that he was going to keep playing until he passed the all time home run record (not just Hank Aaron's record, the world record).  That's held by some Japanese player whose last name is Oh.  Don't ask me his first name because it's something wacky that I don't remember.  He has 868 career homers.

Yeah, right. Roll Eyes
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2006, 07:12:53 AM »

He didn't say that.  Some radio announcer that says he's "close personal friends" with Bonds, said that he mentioned it to him.

Bonds won't even break Hank Aaron's record and he knows it.  Just look at his recent interviews.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2006, 09:21:27 PM »

Kind of hard to see Ruth drop to third. I mean he has been number 2 for as long as I can remember.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2006, 08:49:39 AM »

Kind of hard to see Ruth drop to third. I mean he has been number 2 for as long as I can remember.

Yea, and he gets dropped down by a cheater nonetheless!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 10:43:49 AM »

Bonds won't pass Aaron. 

Ken

Megabump.

So it's happened.

Bonds who?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 11:26:40 AM »

What would have saved Bonds and made him forever known for awesomeness was retiring when he hit the record ball and then not run the bases.

He would have hit it but he would have been honoring those before him and he would have been praised and it would have saved him.

As it stands now...boo!

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2007, 03:53:43 PM »

Bonds won't pass Aaron. 

Ken

Good call Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print