RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:54:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Le Mans this weekend 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Le Mans this weekend  (Read 7655 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 12, 2004, 03:11:39 AM »

This weekend is another beautiful racing weekend with the 24 hours of Le Mans. I don't intend to follow it from start to end, but I will follow it. My favorite, of course,  is Jan Lammers. He had an eight starting position, but I hope he can make up for that later on.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 03:46:01 AM »

This is yet another sport I wish actually had coverage in the U.S.  Here all we really get in the way of racing is NASCAR, and that's something I'm really not interested in at all.  Le Mans, on the other hand, would be incredibly cool to watch...  but it's just gotten so little coverage here that I've never seen anything but highlights.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 03:58:02 AM »

I'm not sure if it's incredibly cool to watch. I think it's pretty dull actually :p. For 24 hours those cars just race lap after lap after lap after lap etc. It's fun to watch for an hour every now and then.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 04:29:59 AM »

Well, maybe not so much the 24-hour race, but there is certainly a lot of good European racing that we Yanks miss out on.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 07:37:16 AM »

it is a good race this year as it falls on a weekend of sport, cricket, rugby, Euro 2004 & Wimbledon tennis.

So, dipping in for an hour between over sports is good. Smiley

Good to watch the start, as I just did, updates in the evening, and then maybe a solid hour around midnight when things can get eventful, and the last hour before finish. So, all told, the same time i'd spend watching a Grand Prix.

One of the Synergy prototypes has pitted-in already with blown computer circuitry.

Oh, Gran Turismo 4 is a sponsor of the event LOL

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 08:28:28 AM »

Yeah, it's a good weekend. Le Mans, formula 1 of Canada and I believe England is playing football tomorrow.

Anyways, back to le mans. Lammers got in some troubles in lap 3 and already messed up Sad damn.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length