RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe  (Read 2130 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« on: November 25, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »

Out for almost 10 days now, what are your thoughts on this game? Do you consider it to be a good (fun?) fighting game or is it unworthy of the MK name? Discuss. Wink

The GT Review for those of you who have not seen a lot of this game yet. They praise the game for its interesting story and fun gameplay, but call it an unbalanced fighter.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42948.html

I personally thinks it looks good and, most importantly, fun to play. Okay, the fatalities aren't what they used to be and the gore is reduced to get the Teen Rating but does that really matter? My guess is that younger teens form a large (if not the largest) audience for this game, so from that perspective it is important for the game to get the Teen Rating.
Tan
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

Actually I think it's as much that as not having DC comic characters having their heads ripped off and other things that would seriously violate canon or established behavior. I mean sure I'd love to see Sub-Zero rip out Supes spine but if it doesn't happen in the comics it sure isn't going to happen here.

Nor would a fatality be in line with some of these "good" heroes principles. Tongue
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »

The Joker's fatality is awesome.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 08:04:05 PM »

It sucks that Epic have no interest in the Unreal 3 engine being available for the Wii since this is the system I am leaning towards most and this game does look really good.

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »

I love it so far.  I finished the story mode with Mortal Kombat and it is actually kind of interesting.  Of course not the greatest, but its a fighting game anyway.  Right now I am waiting for DLC characters.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:50:14 PM »

Does completing it with different characters give you different endings?
Or did they change it so that you get one ending per side? (Hope not)

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 03:21:35 PM »

There is a different chapter for each character.  For example there is a MK and DC story.  In the Mortal Kombat story you start with one person then go to the next and so on.
NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »

Im just annoyed with the fact that the fatalities have been toned down so much. Who wouldn't want to see Sub-Zero rip Batman's head off? But then again, i havent gotten the opportunity to play it yet. My thoughts on it will probably change when i do.

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »

Had to get the T-rating.
Mortal Kombat it pitched more to "adults" and DC more towards "kids and teens".

In reality people of all ages want both and i'd bet DC wasn't going to go for an M rating.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »

Fatalities may be less spectacular, but the game itself is no less brutal. I find the realtime scratching and tearing of clothes to be a pretty cool trade off to the fatalities at any rate.

mrmetroid
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:42 PM »

i tried this game out and i was not impressed, the story mode was so plain, and the vs. mode did not do anything 4 me either, some characters were cool but all in all it just shows that they dont make them like they used 2.

pm me if u have sunset riders, wild guns, knights of the round, r nintendo power issues
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length