RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Game or Hardware Entry not in the database? Submit It! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Game or Hardware Entry not in the database? Submit It!  (Read 17054 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

I will add those PCP. I got your PM's but haven't added them yet. I have a few other to add as well. DAMN ALL THOSE LEAP FROG CRAP!

xfiercepridex
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 01:27:14 AM »

i bought an nes controller from ebay. i only know of one other person that has one and it has been marked as a 7 on a rarity scale. Information on it is scarce. how do i go about adding it. I dont know where it was released or when only what manufacturer made it. what do i do to add it.
xfiercepridex
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 01:40:38 AM »

i submited my info for the controller at least thats what some would call it from other sites...also if needed i have picture of mine and the one from the other owner, only his is different color.
Tan
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 02:17:04 AM »

Hey there, welcome to RFGen. Smiley If you haven't had a chance yet, please check out the guidelines for helping members submit games and hardware located here:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...about.php?action=policies

I had to reject your initial submission because you used the game submission script, not the hardware one. But I did add it under the hardware script for you here:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=U-027-H-00330-A

One stipulation of the guidelines is that we need a Part number or UPC for each hardware submission to sort out possible duplicate entries, or as an alternative, a picture. Since you mentioned you had a picture I figure we could add it and you can submit a pic when you get the chance. If you have any extra info, feel free to submit a hardware edit of that page, it would be much apreciated. Smiley

Here's where I found a bit of info for it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ninte...ageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

Mind you unless you have express permission from the seller, don't submit those pics. Tongue We can't deal with the legal wrangling of image theft. If your unsure about submitting images, that policy/guideline page has one for that too.

EDIT: BTW, If you have permission to use the other owner's pics and theirs is indeed a different colour, then that would be considered a "Hardware Variation" and would get it's own submission for a new entry.
Wink
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:21:03 AM by Tan » Logged
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »

Hi, when I was adding games to my collection, a few were missing from the database. I went to this page : http://www.rfgeneration.c...rue&folder=Collection and couldn't find any info on adding new games (go ahead and yell at me if it's there and I missed it). I would recommend you guys add something to the FAQ on that, as the games that were missing are pretty common for collectors, such as Umihara Kawase for the Super Famicom, as well as the Japanese version of Pocky and Rocky.

And yes, I did miss the giant "Submit" dropdown at the top, I kept looking under tools and stuff for information.

The submission forms are a little confusing (why is there no submission comment field / notes field for whoever reviews submissions?), and the FAQ for submitting did not fully answer my questions, but I hopefully got everything entered right.

Thanks!

edit : it would be awesome if the search was smart enough to catch common alternate spellings. I entered Twinbee, and Detana! Twin Bee was not showing up in the search because it was entered in your database with a space.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:32:26 PM by Chainclaw » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length