RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:01:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Well, this is it. Brett Favre to retire. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Well, this is it. Brett Favre to retire.  (Read 2886 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »

I guess it has been confirmed by his agent that Brett Favre is retiring.  This really sucks being  a Packers fan and from WI.  I really thought that he would have came back at least for this year.  This is truly the end of an era of one, if not, the best Quarterback of all time.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »

It's for sure now.  Brett Favre is retiring. 

SMS set complete!
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:37:36 PM »

I'm skeptical.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

Wow, someone finally at least left a reply.  Why are you skeptical?  I didn't think he was going to retire.  Not this year at least.

SMS set complete!
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 08:39:08 PM »

He had a good 17 years, but all good things come to and end.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 08:58:27 PM »

It doesn't make sense to retire this year, not after you came back for each of the previous 2 seasons. The outlook for the season is as good as it's been for the Packers since their Super Bowl teams of the 90s. It's just fishy to me that he'd do it now.

Even as a die hard Vikings fan, I've always enjoyed Favre and stood up for him. He was a pleasure to watch, and I lucked out with him being in Minnesota's division for so long. I hate to say it, but I would lose respect for the guy if he retired now. It really makes him look like a selfish player, that he only came back last year for the records and nothing else.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »

I always liked Brett Favre. Talk about a durable QB, the guy never missed a start. I watched him smoke the Lions numerous times. He never came of as arrogant either.

I remember watching the Monday Night game after his father died... what a performance!

My wife drafted him for her fantasy team the year Green Bay got him in a trade from Atlanta. She had him pretty much his whole career. I on the other hand went through about 14 QB's in that time.

And who can forget his appearance in "There's Something About Mary"?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »

It doesn't make sense to retire this year, not after you came back for each of the previous 2 seasons. The outlook for the season is as good as it's been for the Packers since their Super Bowl teams of the 90s. It's just fishy to me that he'd do it now.

Even as a die hard Vikings fan, I've always enjoyed Favre and stood up for him. He was a pleasure to watch, and I lucked out with him being in Minnesota's division for so long. I hate to say it, but I would lose respect for the guy if he retired now. It really makes him look like a selfish player, that he only came back last year for the records and nothing else.

I thought the same thing.  He came back the previous 2 years and after what happened this year, why would he quit?  I thought that was messed up.  Last year he was crying after the last game and it seemed like he would reitre last year.  This year it sure seemed like he would come back for at least one more year. Sad

SMS set complete!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 01:21:52 AM »

This thread can be baleeted now can't it? Tongue

I hear they tried to pay him to retire...but back he comes.

When shall his new form be revealed?
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »

Bout time they got rid of the hoser.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length